• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So i bought a blasting cabinet from harbor freight and its awesome!(after some upgrades...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great setup OP. :thumb:

I have one I bought several years ago from HF also. Like yours mine needed some tweaking but works great now.
I use soda for my media to keep from dimpling what ever it is I'm blasting. I build bikes and hotrods from time to time and it has been worth its weight in gold to me.

Great setup OP. :thumb:

I have one I bought several years ago from HF also. Like yours mine needed some tweaking but works great now.
I use soda for my media to keep from dimpling what ever it is I'm blasting. I build bikes and hotrods from time to time and it has been worth its weight in gold to me.
Yea im getting into different stuff also. Apparently you can blast plastic(polymer parts? :cool::rolleyes:) with the right stuff. And polish wood, and peen metal.. and...

Great job and write up. Too bad you are so far away I could give you some serious work with all the tools I inherited from Dad and Grandpa.
I got a pile of wilton and wetzler clamps i got from my dad im goin to town on soon. They came from granddad and great uncle in philly/nyc circa 40's-50's i believe.

Attachments

• 20200423_123726.jpg
    20200423_123726.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200423_123736.jpg
    20200423_123736.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 58
Thats on the list too. The charger i have is newer and doesnt do a float charge, so i think i need to put a dead car battery in line with it to keep the voltage, but i havent researched it extensively. Dead car batteries are surprisingly hard to come by when you actually go looking for one. I called several parts stores and mechanics near me but they sounded like they thought i was crazy. I guess not many of them are ODT junkies...

Thats on the list too. The charger i have is newer and doesnt do a float charge, so i think i need to put a dead car battery in line with it to keep the voltage, but i havent researched it extensively. Dead car batteries are surprisingly hard to come by when you actually go looking for one. I called several parts stores and mechanics near me but they sounded like they thought i was crazy. I guess not many of them are ODT junkies...

I had one setup on the past and its pretty cool to see the rust just magically get removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom