• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electric chainsaws (who's a fan?)

I love Milwaukee products. I used to use them in the automotive field. I now have all yard work but them. I currently have a dewalt chainsaw and surprisingly it has been a decent saw. Definitely won’t cut a large tree down but smaller trees I’ve cut down with it.

Have a 60v Greenworks I got in a package deal but haven't taken it out of the box yet...

Finally had a project to use it.

Did just fine for what I needed. Cut through some, I dunno, 8" trunks. No fuss, no muss. Take your time and let the chain do the work.

For yardwork I give 2 thumbs up. Obviously not commercial quality but for around the yard chores, it beats the crap out of having to keep gas/oil mix on hand.

I’ve invested heavily in Ryobi.
Bad long term investment.

Go with Milwaukee. I hear some of the newer Battery specific brands like Green Works or that brand Ace Hardware sells are decent.

I bought dad a Stihl for his birthday. Pulling the old saw was getting to be too much. He loves it. Its pretty capable, according to him. It wont replace the gas saw at this point, but the E saw makes great sense. I went with the Stihl because he has other Stihl products using the battery. Also they know how to build a decent saw. The old days you could buy a depot brand with a full replacement warranty.

I saw Ryobi came out with a 20inch version of their 40V model last year. Thinking about replacing my aging Stihl 025 gas chainsaw. Anyone have any regrets buying electric. I know the batteries are $$ but they have no name brand ones cheaper on ebay. I only use mine a few times a year althoguh in the winter I keep it in my truck in case I can help out neightbors ectView attachment 6739384
1609704637209.gif

Back
Top Bottom