• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electric chainsaws (who's a fan?)

For playing/pruning? Sure.

The only battery powered equip Ive bought is a Rigid blower for the quick garage blowout and blowing off table/miter saws after a days work. I love the convenience. All my other portable hand tools are Rigid so Ive got a battery in just about every corner of the house.

I just cant imagine using a battery powered chainsaw. I know they work. But I love a bark boxed two smoke ripping through a log.

Home depot had the GreenWorks elec saws for 75.00 shipped with a lithium battery and charger. They basically made me buy one at that price, it is pretty handy for light chores around the house, they will never replace gas saws but they do have a place in my saw arsenal.

I was looking at those too since they are cheaper then the big brands but the batteries are still $$$..gonna keep it in back of my mind tho

They occasionally offer coupon deals where you buy a tool, and they give you a battery and charger.

We have the Atlas chainsaw, pole saw, blower, weed trimmer and hedge trimmer. All have been excellent. Good quality, homeowner/prosumer type tools. They get regular use and have held up well.

Also it weighs a lot less than gas powered. It is more than adequate for most of the stuff I need it for. By the time the battery is gone; I'm ready to quit also.

Exactly, i walk around in my woods and cut up downed trees and drop dead ones. More than adequate for that, and by the time i run through two 60v batteries it's break time anyway.

Back
Top Bottom