• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoking

Glock 21

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
223   2
Reaction score
Post up what kind of smoker you have and your favorite cut to smoke. I'm using a Akorn cooker as a cheap look into kamado cooking and plan to upgrade to a better one this summer. I'm definitely addicted to this style smoking and grilling now! Favorite thing to smoke is babyback ribs but trying my first brisket today which is my favorite cut to eat :lol: Been to skeered to try it before but figure there's only one way to learn

Reverse Flow Smoker, Butts, Brisket, Ribs, Chicken & Sausage.

Attachments

• IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 70
Bought a cheap electric Masterbuilt, haven't used it much yet but no complaints. I need to break it out again.
Poor butt, easy and good eats!
I've been too scared to try brisket (which is also my favorite) too! ;)

Found a small flat at a Walmart for $30 and figured I'd give it a go. I was diehard gas grill guy but now I even grill on the kamado if your thinking of going beyond electric. Wife and kids love the new flavor the lump coal gives to the burgers.

Brisket just takes patients. 1 hour per pound at 225 to 250 degrees. Wrap or put in a pan after 6 to 7 hours and let it steam in its own juices. Comes out fork tender and good eats.

Brisket just takes patients. 1 hour per pound at 225 to 250 degrees. Wrap or put in a pan after 6 to 7 hours and let it steam in its own juices. Comes out fork tender and good eats.

I'm going the myron mixon method sitting at 300. So far hot and fast as work so we shall see...

Found a small flat at a Walmart for $30 and figured I'd give it a go. I was diehard gas grill guy but now I even grill on the kamado if your thinking of going beyond electric. Wife and kids love the new flavor the lump coal gives to the burgers.
Nah, electric is just too easy. Turn it on, no monitoring of temp, turn it off. Easy clean up. I wanted one but I passed on a new $100 Akorn this fall when Kroger was clearing them out. Maybe I'll change my mind (again) one day.

Back
Top Bottom