• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Smoked ribs

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
I'm going to try my hand at smoked ribs.

Anyone have some guidance to making the best damn ribs this side of the Mississippi.

What temp?
How long per pound?
To mop sauce or not to mop sauce?

SOOO many answers to such an open ended question and truth be told, LAX, you will perfect them the way YOU and YOURS like them.

But, a 30,000 ft up answer: TEMP: LOW Time : SLOW .... " low and slow"

Are you going to marinade or dry rub? Or dry.... So many options to each of your answers. You can't go wrong with 300F for a few hours after marinating in the fridge to start out.

Just noticed you were going to smoke them...

Take that temp down under 200 and mop them up every 45 minutes for up to 5-6 hours.

SOOO many answers to such an open ended question and truth be told, LAX, you will perfect them the way YOU and YOURS like them.

But, a 30,000 ft up answer: TEMP: LOW Time : SLOW .... " low and slow"

Are you going to marinade or dry rub? Or dry.... So many options to each of your answers. You can't go wrong with 300F for a few hours after marinating in the fridge to start out.
I generally dry rub everything

300f sounds high, my smoker maxes at 275

It also depends on what kind of smoker you have. I cook mine between 225 to 250 degrees for 6-8 hours. IMO dry rub is best. There are some good ones available at the stores but I make my own. Cover the ribs with the rub and put them in the fridge overnight. Take them out of the fridge and let set for at least 2 hours before putting them on the grill. Smoke for 3-4 hours then wrap them in foil until done. You can tell when they are done by doing to droop test. If they are not done the ribs will barely bend when picked up by one end. They will bent like a bow when they are done.

I use the 1 hour per pound process.

Back
Top Bottom