• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Slide not locking aft on last round

JimmyJet

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
On a semi-auto that has worked flawlessly until today, what would be the most likely issue to address when the slide fails to lock aft when the last round is fired?

Also, when the slide is pulled back and locked, any slight "jarring" (e.g. laying the gun down on the counter) can occasionally cause to slide to snap forward and place the gun in battery….

TIA

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danged ole magazine...........

1693344844283.png

Weak mag spring. Check all your mags and see if it happens with all of them. If so, check the slide lock for damage and also make sure the spring is seated correctly. Have you had it apart lately for cleaning?
Could also be a different mag follower installed with either no hold-open, or a polymer one where the nib is worn.

Make and model of gun?

Factory or aftermarket magazine?

Does it with all magazines, or just one, or just some?

Slide catch is stock, or aftermarket?

Make and model of gun?

Factory or aftermarket magazine?

Does it with all magazines, or just one, or just some?

Slide catch is stock, or aftermarket?

Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro
Factory mag (was only using one of the two today)
Everything about the gun is "factory"

Checked to slide catch after I got home from the range while I was cleaning the gun…. seems "square"…. as in not worn.

Ran about 50 rounds through the gun today…. some HERTERS 230gr FMJ and some PMC 185gr JHP…. slide went to battery 3-4 times after the last round.

I’ve run close to 300 rounds since I bought the gun without any issue…. first time for this today.

Factory mags,or aftermarket mags?.

What brand of gun is gonna be a question that's gonna be asked soon by the experts.

Yeah…. factory mags…. only used one of them today as the other was in my car…. the gun is my EDC

Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro

Used two different brands/grains of ammo

Those PT-145's seem to have a bit of a reputation for the magazines (even factory ones) having a sloppy fit.

Fit on this one seems pretty tight…. first time with this issue today at the range…. and so far have run about 300 rounds through the gun since acquiring it about a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom