• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Silver. Your opinion

What were you paying for the Morgans, if you don't mind? I have some and was curious between GA pricing and MO. I bought a few in rural IL about 18 months ago and they were cheaper than what I was paying in GA. I would estimate my average Morgan price was about $35. I got the ones in IL for $25.

It was so long ago that I really can't remember the price but I am almost positive I paid less than $20.00 each and quite a few of them were graded and in a protected cover.
Also bought a fair amount of 1oz Gold Eagles....I think gold was around $265.00 an ounce at the time.

It was so long ago that I really can't remember the price but I am almost positive I paid less than $20.00 each and quite a few of them were graded and in a protected cover.
Also bought a fair amount of 1oz Gold Eagles....I think gold was around $265.00 an ounce at the time.

I do remember gold at about $300 in 96 or 97, so that’s not too far off.
I recall buying some around $330 or so.

I bought my fortune of gold in March of 2001 when it dipped below $400.....I knew then, that was the magic number...I was buying Eagles at spot back then

all kidding aside....we all know there is no wiser buyer/investor than here, on the ODT!!! the ONLY place where anyone can say they bought this, when it was the lowest, or I bought that when it was the lowest....or I had 2 full time jobs and a bank loan when I was 12(another story here, sorry)
So....buy some when you get the chance!!! it's higher now then it was last year....it will go up, and it will go down....like most things, if you hold it long enough you will probably come out ahead, unless you "knee jerk", AND you will have some protection against the bad things!! I have no idea why buying on Saturdays appears to be the choice around here, BUT if that's your time, that's your time. Might be due to pay day....anyway...BUY!!

I picked up 3 tubes of silver Eagles in 1999 as well as a fair amount of Morgan silver dollars. If memory serves me correctly I paid around $7.65 each for the Eagles. Keep it all in the bank safety deposit box and go in and look at it every now and then and always leave with a smile.
It is not safe, even in a bank safety deposit box.

I would NEVER keep my metal in a bank safe deposit box....EVER....when SHTF they will be closed, along with all your stuff

Well I would NEVER EVER keep my gold/silver at my home and I even have a large safe....but if I ever did keep it at home I darn sure would never ever make a mention of it on a public forum.
I don't subscribe to the theory that gold/silver will be that great for bartering with in a SHTF world...that is just my opinion though

Well I would NEVER EVER keep my gold/silver at my home and I even have a large safe....but if I ever did keep it at home I darn sure would never ever make a mention of it on a public forum.
I don't subscribe to the theory that gold/silver will be that great for bartering with in a SHTF world...that is just my opinion though

can you name any civilization during any period of time that didn’t value gold and silver?

Back
Top Bottom