• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver. Your opinion

can you name any civilization during any period of time that didn’t value gold and silver?

I am not an expert on prior civilizations so I am going to refrain from doing a Google search to research..my opinion is just my opinion and I don't feel the need to debate that...I try to respect everyone's opinion. If someone wants to dig a hole and bury coins in it that is fine with me

Well I would NEVER EVER keep my gold/silver at my home and I even have a large safe....but if I ever did keep it at home I darn sure would never ever make a mention of it on a public forum.
I don't subscribe to the theory that gold/silver will be that great for bartering with in a SHTF world...that is just my opinion though
Did I say I kept it at my house???

No you didn't say you kept it at your house and nowhere did I say that you did..you are the one that is criticizing

You did not say that you kept it at your house and I didn't say you did say that...I'm sure you have it in a place that you feel is the best place for you.
We will probably ever know but I would be willing to bet that my ammo stockpile will be worth a hell of a lot more than my gold in a SHTF situation.

LOTO...you are right!!!
your bullets will be worth much more than your metals...which will be in a safe box, in a bank, that will be closed
O.K....lets stop....I did not mean to offend....I simply was being light hearted....I did not buy gold at $325, nor silver at $7....if I had, I would have already sold it all!!....and bought bullets!!
anyway, it's all fun here...if I offended you, I apologize

The first part of that message was not supposed to come through and I apologize for that remark. A truce it is and again I am sorry that came through.

I will add that your assumption that I would not be able to access my gold in a SHTF situation may not be accurate but I do understand why you made that comment and yes most will be SHOL. The thing you don’t know is anything about my bank, what kind of relationship I have with that bank and whom I may know in the bank...I may just have of something up my sleeve advantage.
I mean this in a constructive way and one of my pet peeves is getting lumped into a group of sheep that don’t have a plan.

LOTO...we should have a plan!!
My comments were also meant for those that do not.....FYI....until a few years ago....THAT'S exactly where my metals were...then I had that thought....what if...then COVID made that point even more obvious ....so....no lock box for me!!

The whole money or metal in the bank thing is pretty interesting to me and I’ll tell you why.....

I did a lot or reading on the Great Depression. I wanted to know why and how it happened. How did everyone end up broke at the same time? It ends up that people had money. They just didn’t have it with them. That’s what it came right down to.

Now there’s a lot more to it and I’m not advocating anything one way or another. It did help me understand why people of that generation took to stashing money here and there.

When we cleaned up after they passed away, nothing could be thrown out without being thoroughly checked first. Money was in the pages of books, in curtain rods, pinned to clothes in the closet, in suit pockets and some places we couldn’t even imagine. I’m certain we didn’t find every spot. They just never could put all their eggs in one basket ever again....

It’s a tough call where to put valuable things and not the same for everybody. I would say the Red Cross is probably right and you should try and have $300 in 5’s for an emergency, like a power outage trip to the store...

The way banks close their lobbies now whenever they want because of "covid", I wouldn't want to have anything in a safety deposit box that I couldn't live without. Also, anything in a safety deposit box is not insured.

Back
Top Bottom