• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SilentRX $99 can

call these folks, they will tell you the same thing.

http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/Class_III.html

Call SRI they'll tell you different. Call major malfunction he'll tell you different.

So tell me why every company isn't serializing endcaps and selling different caliber baffles and tubes to users?

The filter is the tube no matter what is serialized. The only benefit there is to endcap serialization is not having.g to pay a new tax stamp if your tube needs replacing, which can only be done by an SOT. This topic has been discussed extensively by industry leaders on silencerforum.con (major malfunctions site) they all agree.

Last edited:
If it doesn't have serial, isn't that illegal? hahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haiqFcIXTqs

at 0:15 into the video, that is the attachment that is serialized and connects the barrel to the oil filter. When the filter is all done and used, you just unscrew it and buy a new oil filter.

Call SRI they'll tell you different. Call major malfunction he'll tell you different.

Ive seen both of their posts. Like i said, its a fine line that I would not touch. Plus why are they NOT serializing the oil filters then. Ive seen a few dealers with these and ive YET to see an oil filter with a number. Im cheap but im not so cheap to the point that im going to attach a friggin oil filter to my HK.

- - - Updated - - -

If it doesn't have serial, isn't that illegal? hahah

yeah go figure eh?

Ive seen both of their posts. Like i said, its a fine line that I would not touch. Plus why are they NOT serializing the oil filters then. Ive seen a few dealers with these and ive YET to see an oil filter with a number. Im cheap but im not so cheap to the point that im going to attach a friggin oil filter to my HK.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah go figure eh?
They are playing fast and loose until the ATF writes a specific letter. It's the norm, AAC did the same thing.

So tell me why every company isn't serializing endcaps and selling different caliber baffles and tubes to users?

The filter is the tube no matter what is serialized. The only benefit there is to endcap serialization is not having.g to pay a new tax stamp if your tube needs replacing, which can only be done by an SOT. This topic has been discussed extensively by industry leaders on silencerforum.con (major malfunctions site) they all agree.

again, I saw those posts. I dont care really. Im just telling you there ARE dealers out there who are telling people you can replace the oil filter. Again, thats why I would not touch one even if you gave it to me and paid the stamp.

- - - Updated - - -

They are playing fast and loose until the ATF writes a specific letter. It's the norm, AAC did the same thing.

I like fast... not loose though.

again, I saw those posts. I dont care really. Im just telling you there ARE dealers out there who are telling people you can replace the oil filter. Again, thats why I would not touch one even if you gave it to me and paid the stamp.

- - - Updated - - -

I like fast... not loose though.

Plus who would wait 5 months for that. An interesting article I read said the wait and tax has led America to have better silencers than the UK since its a lifetime investment here with a high threshold for quality.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, it is just irresponsible for dealers to play lawyer and set people up for disaster. The law is pretty clear on replaceable items and metal is strictly prohibited.

I agree it is irresponsible. I'm interested to hear what the atf says.

You want it to be known as the soviet letter? Nfa community frowns on questions that lead to new rulings, hence gemtax, which no longer allows serial numbers to jump from one can to another, since gemtech wrote a letter.I won't write it bit is like to know as well.

You want it to be known as the soviet letter? Nfa community frowns on questions that lead to new rulings, hence gemtax, which no longer allows serial numbers to jump from one can to another, since gemtech wrote a letter.I won't write it bit is like to know as well.

Oh I'm not asking. No sir. I don't want them having my email. I don't write letters to government agencies.

Back
Top Bottom