• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SilentRX $99 can

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
Have any Class III dealers heard anything from these guys?
They have been promising to get their can, the Vendetta, out and have it sell to the end user as $99. They claim it'll compete with the big name 22 suppressors and that it will handle 22wmr and 17hmr.
http://www.silentrx.net/index.php/products/rimfire-cans/vendetta
they were making these claims back in April. I'd appreciate if any dealers had info on this or if they would call to see if they are going to ship these out and if they will actually meet their $99 price point.
Contact us:
www.silentrx.net
facebook.com/silentrx
twitter.com/silentrx
(260)226-7794
(260)CANSRX4

at $99 i highly doubt it will stand in the same stadium, much less ballpark, as a quality AAC, TBAC, SF, SiCO can.

Are they made out of different materials? Tighter tolerances? I still can't figure out why AAC and SiCO and others charge so much for what's essential a metal tube with baffles. The only thing I can figure is supply and demand. Few companies making them and enough people wanting them to warrant the price.

its baffle design more than anything. accuracy and sound reduction is more about diverting gas, which is unpredictable, in an efficient manner than vplume or number of baffles. materials used play a big part. i would NEVER want an aluminum can. Stainless, inconel, titanium. these metals are harder to work with so tooling cost goes up. granted $500 is a lot for a few chunks of stainless and Ti but your other option is going aluminum and my time is worth more than the price difference in cans.

the vendetta uses a lot of aluminum in a k-baffle that looks like AAC and SiCO copies. i will be interested in seeing how well it holds accuracy on various hosts. and if they can keep a non-monocore design at their $100 price point. no one else has.

at $99 i highly doubt it will stand in the same stadium, much less ballpark, as a quality AAC, TBAC, SF, SiCO can.

For 99 I don't expect anything amazing, but what a price point. I'm not overly concerned about aluminum, just throw it in an ultrasonic cleaner. I'll withhold judgement on performance until someone like titsworth, plunky, or the major meters it.

Personally, the high tech materials seem way over engineered for dedicated rimfire can. Spending the extra money would Getty one you can use on an AR, but if that's not what you're looking for, aluminum is a big step up from a soda bottle with the bottom cut off, especially if they offer replacement baffles at a comparable price.

That baffles design is straight from an AAC Pilot. I see no reason why the "quality" (aka amt of suppression) would be sig. different than any other similar design from another mfr. At $99, they will put a hurt on most other servicable 22 cans.

Back
Top Bottom