• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SilentRX $99 can

The way I see it, it's only slightly more than an Econo-Can ($75) and not nearly as ugly. And you'll spend $25 on oil filters quickly.

Just to be clear, YOU can't replace the oil filter. You have to ship it back to them and pay them $25 to thread it off and thread a new one back on and write the serial number back on the filter with a sharpy. That's straight from the horses mouth when I called them.

the oil can is the tube and baffle system but not serialized. ask any regular manufacturer to send you a new baffle, they wont. something about the parts can be made into a suppressor. these oil can adaptors are a real gray area.

My understanding was the adapter was serialized and that's what was registered.

It is, however the filter also become the suppressor as well according to the ATF.

the oil can is the tube and baffle system but not serialized. ask any regular manufacturer to send you a new baffle, they wont. something about the parts can be made into a suppressor. these oil can adaptors are a real gray area.

That's the reason they are serializing the filter as well. Just to make the ATF happy. Or so they explained to me on the phone.

It is, however the filter also become the suppressor as well according to the ATF.

That's the reason they are serializing the filter as well. Just to make the ATF happy. Or so they explained to me on the phone.

The attachment is the one thats serialized so that way you can change out oil cans when you get done shooting it. From what it looks like, you can unscrew and screw in a new filter.

The attachment is the one thats serialized so that way you can change out oil cans when you get done shooting it. From what it looks like, you can unscrew and screw in a new filter.

This. I saw one in person @ autreys armory in fayetteville. No serial on the filter. You can use any filter you please. The attachment is the "suppressor".

This. I saw one in person @ autreys armory in fayetteville. No serial on the filter. You can use any filter you please. The attachment is the "suppressor".

No no no no no. The only thing a non SOT can replace is a wipe. The can is the tube, not a wipe, wipes can't be metal. Ospreys are not serialized on the tube, you can't replace that tube either unless you are an SOT

There are plenty of parts on a suppresor that are not serialized that you cant replace, remanufacture, or even repair without an SOT. Otherwise AAC would serialize endcaps and sell replaceable tubes and baffles.

Last edited:
No no no no no. The only thing a non SOT can replace is a wipe. The can is the tube, not a wipe, wipes can't be metal. Ospreys are not serialized on the tube, you can't replace that tube either unless you are an SOT

There are plenty of parts on a suppresor that are not serialized that you cant replace, remanufacture, or even repair without an SOT. Otherwise AAC would serialize endcaps and sell replaceable tubes and baffles.

I hear what your saying. Im just telling you what I was told. They are NOT serializing the oil filter. The guy even bragged that after smoking the paint off the filter you can just go buy another one. This is one of those fine line class 3 items that I would not touch with a ten foot pole.

Back
Top Bottom