• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SHTF in metro suburbs

Back on topic:

Anybody ever wonder what the media will try and portray it as? Will it become even more political than before? Say now?

If it happened today, I believe the media would do everything in its power to make the current administration look good even after it falls on its arse. MSM will initially portray it as isolated or minor incidents. Oh the political games will increase!!!!

You uns need to read "30 Seconds After" for a good idea of the massive die off after the wheels stop turning. All the old, infirm, and folks on meds. I recall it was 30% of the population dead in the first 30 days.

Why does everyone think of going north? I'll be going to South GA provided there's time and a way. I can get there alot quicker on back roads

Madmax scenario of a total economic collapse turning our once great city into 1992 compton? Not likely, but possible.

I want to dedicate this thread to plausable and possible scenarios to occur in the Metro Atlanta suburbs during said collapse. What would happen first, second, third, etc. Most people seem to think that it will be a quick suffering followed by swift redemption of a new government? I fail to see the logic in this.

Another thing I want to touch on is what will the National Gaurd do? The GA NG is actually rather large and well equipped, nevermind the strong AD presence in Colimbus, Kings Bay, Savannah, and more bases in the state. Atlanta would be culled swiftly and quickly in my own personal opinoin. Things would get out of hand for a week or month, but as soon as those humvees with .50's roll into the city, things usually settle down (see LA riots).

Let's imagine that doesn't happen and the military for some reason is overrun and is unable to cull the riots. Do you see Gwinnett, Forsyth, Hall, and other counties being ovverun by the horde coming North? Or would the unprepared suburbanites face their own demise via their complacency.

Another fallacy is that we will wake up one morning and people will be amok in the streets all at once. It won't be like this, the slow painful process of a "shtf" takes months if not years to happen. We COULD be in the first stages of this, given the vulnerability of our current global economy. Once Europe defaults, China and the rest of the world follows. It's too connected these days, not like the 19th century.

the most likely scenario is the gov't finally runs out of other peoples' money and the gov't checks don't come...the ebt cards don't get filled...these people are already totally dependent on the gov't and they are going to be rioting in the streets when that happens...and every store will be cleaned out in a few hours...as for law enforcement,they will be at home making sure their families are ok....the national guard might get some people to show up but many of them are preppers and will again be home taking care of their families...after 2 or 3 months,most of the people who did nothing in advance to get ready will be dead...that is the most likely time for disease when there are rotting bodies all around...any scenario will be much worse than the great depression as we are way more dependent on technology now...people now don't even grow gardens or know how to preserve food...

the most likely scenario is the gov't finally runs out of other peoples' money and the gov't checks don't come...the ebt cards don't get filled...these people are already totally dependent on the gov't and they are going to be rioting in the streets when that happens...and every store will be cleaned out in a few hours...as for law enforcement,they will be at home making sure their families are ok....the national guard might get some people to show up but many of them are preppers and will again be home taking care of their families...after 2 or 3 months,most of the people who did nothing in advance to get ready will be dead...that is the most likely time for disease when there are rotting bodies all around...any scenario will be much worse than the great depression as we are way more dependent on technology now...people now don't even grow gardens or know how to preserve food...

Right there is where you're dead wrong. Nasty gaurd is full of kids who didn't want to commit the will to AD or the USMC AD because they didn't have enough brains to go in all the way or go home. Not to discredit them, a lot of them have been deployed as well. Take that combat experience, that lust for another mission to get rid of the boring life that is civvy status, and mix it with being able to stay in state? They'll show up in a heart beat.

Most kids in the NG are not "preppers" in the least. In fact, most "preppers" are keyboard commandos who envision a tom clancy style scenario where like I said in my first post, they'll wake up and everyone is rioting all at once and trying to snatch their "preps". Not to discredit that notion but it is highly unlikely to go about that route.

The NG will surely play a factor in this, as will the AD army and USMC. Both being a force to be reckoned with. Containing ATL with "force" would not be an issue, there is nothing that people can do do an IFV. Period.

I seriously doubt people will want to confront these troops face to face either, it's not like it is in the movies, and if anything their presence will be a reassuring sign of relief that the government is still in control and fixing the problem. Which, I hope would be the case.

Most of your post I could agree with, just not that the Military would just NOT show up for duty. No way.

Back
Top Bottom