• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SHTF in metro suburbs

Going back through and re-reading some of the previous posts, I'd like to suggest reading "one second after" I know that book has been mentioned more than several times, but you can replace the EMP with just about any situation and it'd work.

Just don't listen to the audio book! The narrator blows

Hard to say what you will do cause you don't know when it will happen.Hope I am close to the house,thats where the ammo is.

Hard to say what you will do cause you don't know when it will happen.Hope I am close to the house,thats where the ammo is.

Yes it is difficult to say what you'd do, but it doesn't hurt to have a few contingency options available...here's a couple of mine:)
img580.imageshack.us_img580_8184_dsc00559ds.jpg

I'm currently looking for a Bug out location...might need to see if I can take you up on that chief :)

Blake, no offense, but you are dead wrong. Once there is no gas in the tank, no food on the shelves at Kroger, or its so expensive, you and I can't buy it, there will be riots. There will be looting, and there will be killing.

People wont starve quietly, especially Americans, and if you take the $45 million people who are on foodstamps that once the EBT card bounces, it no holds barred. They are out to get there's. And especially in this country, where having a nice giant flat screen, or having a nice car or nice house is more important then having quality and substance in your life...they aren't going to just ask nicely, they will take by force. And unfortunately, there seem to be more and more people who look like they will turn into murderours hoards once they can't get what they want.

You are correct. I read "One Second After," and although I think the book was probably on the money for the most part, I do think there would have been a lot more looting and a lot more rioting a lot earlier. People ain't just gonna sit and starve without a whole lot of fighting and killing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm currently looking for a Bug out location...might need to see if I can take you up on that chief :)

Blake, no offense, but you are dead wrong. Once there is no gas in the tank, no food on the shelves at Kroger, or its so expensive, you and I can't buy it, there will be riots. There will be looting, and there will be killing.

People wont starve quietly, especially Americans, and if you take the $45 million people who are on foodstamps that once the EBT card bounces, it no holds barred. They are out to get there's. And especially in this country, where having a nice giant flat screen, or having a nice car or nice house is more important then having quality and substance in your life...they aren't going to just ask nicely, they will take by force. And unfortunately, there seem to be more and more people who look like they will turn into murderours hoards once they can't get what they want.

You are correct. I read "One Second After," and although I think the book was probably on the money for the most part, I do think there would have been a lot more looting and a lot more rioting a lot earlier. People ain't just gonna sit and starve without a whole lot of fighting and killing.

Back
Top Bottom