• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SHTF in metro suburbs

It would be nice to find a group I could trust.

Wouldn't we all?

I wouldn't give out squat. Survival of the fittest. The way I see it, kindness in that situation is weakness, and the only protection you will have is their fear of what will happen if they mess with you. No mercy, simple survival, look out for your own. I don't know my neighbors, and don't care to.

Hm...with this kind of attitude, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a group you can trust, huh?

Reality sucks!

Indeed, it sometimes does. But do you see the futility in wishing for "group I can trust" while at the same time having an attitude of "no mercy, simple survival, look out for your own. I don't know my neighbors and I don't care to"? If you're not willing to even entertain the idea of trusting anyone else, why should any trustworthy group allow you in?

Indeed, it sometimes does. But do you see the futility in wishing for "group I can trust" while at the same time having an attitude of "no mercy, simple survival, look out for your own. I don't know my neighbors and I don't care to"? If you're not willing to even entertain the idea of trusting anyone else, why should any trustworthy group allow you in?

Talk like that, and you're going to turn me into a raving "liberal," instead of just a raving *****.;)

1. While I'm glad I live in Kennesaw, the (character of the) neighbors I've had the opportunity to react with, has left me less than enthusiastic.

2. My experience has shown me that generosity is rarely appreciated, and is often viewed as a sign of weakness. Beggars usually are never satisfied with what you give them. They want (demand) more. As they used to say, "give them an inch, and they will take a mile."

I know a woman who works in a small business in a less than desirable neighborhood in Marietta. She has people come in who are really friendly to her. Then, they ask for a job, or charity, and she explains that she only works there, she isn't the owner so she can't help them or give them something for free. Invariably, their attitude changes, and they become rude and dismissive of her. That's just the way people in need are. As long as they think they can get something from you, they want to be your friend. When the well dries up, so does the friendliness.

Last edited:
Bein' as this thread was started in late 2011, and looking at the world as it stands today, it would be real interesting to see if there are any changes in opinions by those who originally commented that " an shtf situation will probably never happen" .

:pop2:

Power disruption due EMP or lightning strike or maybe just overload from a hot summer. No lights and the roaches will come out. In three days the stores are empty and people are hungry. If you live within a tank of gas of Atlanta, you are the new supply person. Gonna "bug out"? Better have a place to go or you are a refugee. Better have what you need, too. Those that have prepared tend to stockpile means to secure their preps.

Personally were I in that situation I'd be heading south towards the gulf coast. Abundant food in the ocean.

If SHTF, I am going to go sailing, head out on the open ocean, lots of fish to eat, collect rainwater.

Learn to sail boys and girls the ocean will be the last frontier.

A certified nutjob named Reid Stowe is pretty famous in sailing circles for floating around in a cheap ferro cement sailboat for 1152 days, what would be an eternity in a SHTF scenario.

if shtf, i am going to go sailing, head out on the open ocean, lots of fish to eat, collect rainwater.

Learn to sail boys and girls the ocean will be the last frontier.

A certified nutjob named reid stowe is pretty famous in sailing circles for floating around in a cheap ferro cement sailboat for 1152 days, what would be an eternity in a shtf scenario.

waterworld!!!!!

I've actually met a few guys on here that are valuable in their assets and knowledge, they are family oriented and most important of all sane. Some are from inside ATL, some northern Gwinnett. They have been invited to my property if need be and I do trut them

Back
Top Bottom