Shouldn't 97 model vehicles be emissions exempt?

I knew somebody would yalp! What if I told you it’s a 2022 tag? If you subtract 1997 from 2022, it’s 25 model years old and should be exempt…it was 25 model years old the day Ford released the 22 line up…NEXT..
It doesnt matter what tag it is. It matters what the date your purchasing the tag versus the model year of the vehicle. The state dont give a rats rosy rump what Ford did or when they released anything. Year model and actual date of tag purchase is all that matters.
Dont overthink it and dont be daft

I appreciate all you good fellers posting the rules I've already read twice, or three times. The questions I have are 1). Aren't 1997 model vehicles 26 year old models? 2). Are we buying 2021 tags right now? 3). If we are buying 2021 tags, why do they have 2022 on them? 4). Why does the tag on my car that's been there a year, have 2021 on it? Wasn't it, technically, a 2021 year tag?.......
Oh boy, oh boy, I cant wait for this one....
Couldn't you just trade it for a 1996 model? :pound:

It doesnt matter what tag it is. It matters what the date your purchasing the tag versus the model year of the vehicle. The state dont give a rats rosy rump what Ford did or when they released anything. Year model and actual date of tag purchase is all that matters.
Dont overthink it and dont be daft
Don’t overthink it and don’t be daft? That was your second Dick move. Don’t be Dick.

I had the same issue last year with my Jeep I can tell you the easiest way to solve your problem, go ahead and pay the advalorem tax on it without paying for the tag. Jan 1 go get your tag as the rule of needing an emissions for it have ended. Telling you I had this issue with the jeep it’s a 95 if you want you have my number hit me up

Don’t overthink it and don’t be daft? That was your second Dick move. Don’t be Dick.
geezer says.gif
:)

No vehicles should have to do emissions. But for some reason enough people comply to make it so those who wouldn't will face repercussions. I'm so over sheeple.

Back
Top Bottom