Shouldn't 97 model vehicles be emissions exempt?

I have a 2000 Jeep and just applied for an exemption since I'm over 65 and drive less than 5,000 miles a year If that works I am going to try to get my 2015 truck exempted, same reason. That could save me 40 or 50 bucks just this year in emission test.

I appreciate all you good fellers posting the rules I've already read twice, or three times. The questions I have are 1). Aren't 1997 model vehicles 26 year old models? 2). Are we buying 2021 tags right now? 3). If we are buying 2021 tags, why do they have 2022 on them? 4). Why does the tag on my car that's been there a year, have 2021 on it? Wasn't it, technically, a 2021 year tag?.......
Oh boy, oh boy, I cant wait for this one....
Take out your calculator....I'll wait

Subtract 1997 from 2021....the result is 24. Buy the damned tag already. :)
The vehicle has to be 25 MODEL YEARS OLD on the date your purchasing the tag. The year the tag is for is irrelevant.
Your Welcome

Take out your calculator....I'll wait

Subtract 1997 from 2021....the result is 24. Buy the damned tag already. :)
The vehicle has to be 25 MODEL YEARS OLD on the date your purchasing the tag. The year the tag is for is irrelevant.
Your Welcome
I knew somebody would yalp! What if I told you it’s a 2022 tag? If you subtract 1997 from 2022, it’s 25 model years old and should be exempt…it was 25 model years old the day Ford released the 22 line up…NEXT..

So here’s the rest of the story… The wife took the 1997 Ranger to get emissions today, and it did not pass. The emissions guy said the check engine light was on, which it was not. The emissions guy said the bulb must be burned out, because his computer showed the check engine light on. I checked the truck when she got back, and there was no check engine light on. A little Google research on how to change the check engine light bulb, and two hours getting to it, and now it works, and is on. It had just got itself into that perfect spot where it wasn’t getting power, and the slightest movement in the cluster, turned it on…I replaced all six bulbs while I had the cluster out…I mean, what do you expect from a 25 model year old truck? So now we pull codes and find out what tripped the light, repair that, and get emissions done…..Then we’ll just buy the damn tag….lol

Back
Top Bottom