• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sell your AR you have been holding

I don't need a high end AR (yet). I'm not betting my life on something I do not know in and out. Revolvers, several bolt action rifles I do know in and out so those are my go to defensive weapons. Either those or just old school 00 buck. Just wanted something cheap for plinking around, and to learn on. If i like it, I'll move on to building one. Thank you for the info!

Exactly... Most of us have quality pistols... Glock, Sig, etc... we have revolvers from Smith and Ruger... Most of us have 12ga shotties from Mossberg and others...

We have lots of tools we could rely on if needed.

The notion that an AR15 isn't usable as a self defense tool unless it passes a 2500+ round full auto ammo dump where you have to wear a fire suit to keep from setting yourself on fire, is not only silly, it's idiotic.

If someone breaks into my home, I wouldn't hesitate to grab my PSA factory rifle, or any number of weapons I have at hand.

If I was faced with the highly unlikely situation where I had to lay down 750 rounds of fire in less than 5 minutes... maybe I would reach for a "higher end" rifle...

This guy is just a broken record... He writes page upon page of the same thing, over and over, and he doesn't know half of what he thinks he does...

I'm assuming PSA is the Taurus of the AR world? Some love em, some hate em. Lol.

I am a Taurus fan. Value for the money, they are great. TX22... TH9... G2 and G3... Model 85 revolver...

I have owned... at least 25 Taurus guns over the years and never had an issue with any of them... Did I just get really lucky?

I had a first gen Glock 36 that was a jam-o-matic even after it went to the factory for warranty work... Everyone makes a lemon...

Taurus over the past several years, under the new management, has come a loooong way...

PSA... I have had decent luck with. I never did a melt-down test on one, but that's like saying that a car isn't good because you put it up on blocks and put a brick on the gas pedal and it only lasted 5 hours with the motor bouncing off the rev limiter the entire time... Is that in any way realistic? LOL

wish i would’ve known that Palmetto was just as good as Colt, BCM, LMT...thousands of dollars lost, oh well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I pull the trigger and it reliably goes bang I like it. With the exception of ARs, any gun I have kept for myself has been throughly shot and learned by me. All of my Smith revolvers have been through hell. Same with my G2Cs, my Glocks, Sig, etc. My all time favorite is the Python but I have an older Rossi 6" in stainless that gives the Python a run for its money for a forth of the cost (The Python is still better and still my favorite). I base my opinions on my experience and sprinkle in the research done by others. If I can't learn it, I don't deserve to shoot it. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom