• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

sell me on a .22 can

I got a Sparrow since that was suppose to be the best .22 can. Its short, light and quiet but has more FRP than some of its brethren. It also has the clamshell over the monocore which helps with disassembly and cleaning.

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_065_zpsa966d01e.jpg
Nice Laz!

Hahaha! So do u guys prefer which metal? Al, ti, etc.? Also let me rephrase one of my questions, is there a .22 can that can be used on pistol and rifle setups and work equally efficiently on both?
the sparrow is good for that. Ti tube is fine, baffle choice is important. 22lr is dirty and leads to lead build up on baffles. For high volume shooting, I wouldnt want al baffles if nothing else but for cleaning. Theres more than one way to clean baffles but AL can be damaged more readily, also it cannot be dipped if that's your thing. Since I want these to last a lifetime, I went with the tougher yet heavier baffle of the sparrow. My next can will most likely have al baffles though.

Hahaha! So do u guys prefer which metal? Al, ti, etc.? Also let me rephrase one of my questions, is there a .22 can that can be used on pistol and rifle setups and work equally efficiently on both?

For .22 can I like the stainless steel construction of the Sparrow. Since 22 is dirty you can dip it whereas you can't dip the aluminum cans/baffles.

the sparrow is good for that. Ti tube is fine, baffle choice is important. 22lr is dirty and leads to lead build up on baffles. For high volume shooting, I wouldnt want al baffles if nothing else but for cleaning. Theres more than one way to clean baffles but AL can be damaged more readily, also it cannot be dipped if that's your thing. Since I want these to last a lifetime, I went with the tougher yet heavier baffle of the sparrow. My next can will most likely have al baffles though.
Ah! Gotcha. So my first .22 can should have ti or ss baffles? Because I want it to last as long to a lifetime as possible also. That would be the sparrow?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom