• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Score on this giant goiter? - UPDATED with completely healed pics - I think

Well that's cool. But now it's even more of a mystery. Was that the only pictures you had of it with the swollen are? Just wondering how long it was like that.

I went through my pics, I did not have any pre bump pics. Of course I could have deleted the pics.

I went through my pics, I did not have any pre bump pics. Of course I could have deleted the pics.
I vote allergic reaction to bite/sting of some sort. Pretty dramatic (obviously) turnaround and glad to see it. But if it healed that quickly that would perhaps suggest it wasn't around for that long either so perhaps the antler abnormality or unrelated. Guess you may find out next year...

I vote allergic reaction to bite/sting of some sort. Pretty dramatic (obviously) turnaround and glad to see it. But if it healed that quickly that would perhaps suggest it wasn't around for that long either so perhaps the antler abnormality or unrelated. Guess you may find out next year...

I got to looking through my pictures from this year, and I really had some giants on camera that have all but disappeared. All pics were nocturnal so hopefully they made it.

If this guy is still around, he should be very nice next year. And hopefully I won't be sick throughout the rut like I was this year.

I have to get after the yotes because I think they did some damage this year. I heard them howling last night, but strangely enough I have not had one on camera in months. I usually get then on camera pretty regularly but just not in the last several months.

I have to get after the yotes because I think they did some damage this year. I heard them howling last night, but strangely enough I have not had one on camera in months. I usually get then on camera pretty regularly but just not in the last several months.
Love is in the air.... They can cover some big territory as you know when that kicks in. Good luck! Fresh vid of a black on in my yard two nights ago. Ima get him....

Love is in the air.... They can cover some big territory as you know when that kicks in. Good luck! Fresh vid of a black on in my yard two nights ago. Ima get him....

They are local in the area - hear them every night, but I think some local hunters have been putting a dent on them. It's either yotes or the hogs.

And I want a black to mount, but I've never had one on camera or even seen one in the woods. Knock it out for me.

They are local in the area - hear them every night, but I think some local hunters have been putting a dent on them. It's either yotes or the hogs.

And I want a black to mount, but I've never had one on camera or even seen one in the woods. Knock it out for me.
Here he is from the other night. About a 40 yard shot frommy deck. You wanna' come get him?

[video]http://vid138.photobucket.com/albums/q254/Dominionofstewards/phil/backyard%20-%20beaver%20pond/EK000007_zpsuh6aldm8.mp4[/video]

Here he is from the other night. About a 40 yard shot frommy deck. You wanna' come get him?

[video]http://vid138.photobucket.com/albums/q254/Dominionofstewards/phil/backyard%20-%20beaver%20pond/EK000007_zpsuh6aldm8.mp4[/video]

Very nice. I may have to take you up on that if I don't have any luck over the next couple of weeks. I've only been out twice for yotes this year/last, but as you said it's mating season so I'm about to get after them hard.

Very nice. I may have to take you up on that if I don't have any luck over the next couple of weeks. I've only been out twice for yotes this year/last, but as you said it's mating season so I'm about to get after them hard.
Holler. There were two and I 'thought' I got them both (.22lr no recovery). Not sure if one survived or if this is yet another one. Years ago there was a real shiney one with a white chest chevron. THAT is the one I wanted. These are the more typical smokey black color.

Back
Top Bottom