• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Score on this giant goiter? - UPDATED with completely healed pics - I think

Most do I believe, but I think it is front leg injury that will affect the same side.
Never knew that. I still vote pre-antler injury/infection/whatever the heck it is. Shoot it and find out. Whatever it is isn't going away if it's been since at least the spring and it's always going to be messed up (not that it would be a genetic issue but still).

Doesn't look like he is going to get over it on his own. If you can lance it with a bullet is probably his best chance of survival.

If you killed him would you eat him? I don't believe I would Bc of infection. Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

Doesn't look like he is going to get over it on his own. If you can lance it with a bullet is probably his best chance of survival.

If you killed him would you eat him? I don't believe I would Bc of infection. Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

Depends on what the insides looked like, but check out the pics below. I am pretty sure, based on the rack, this is the same deer, less than a month later, and completely healed.

Original

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_SUNP0255_zps011d004e.jpg

Latest

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_SUNP0062_zpsa1d09b00.jpg

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_SUNP0106_zps236fbd19.jpg

nature has a way

Yes it does. My neighbor and I both have this deer on camera, and we were talking yesterday about the funky rack six pointer in the area. Then I remembered the goiter pics.

Next year he could be an absolute stud as he is already pretty thick bodied.

Back
Top Bottom