• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBP Pistol brace protector are you ****ing kidding me?

AngryJesus

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
32   0
Reaction score
https://www.ic13arms.com/shop/sbp-pistol-brace-protector

I don't see how they could submit this with a straight face.
SBP.jpg

I think they will approve it, but say that it can't be fired while the "protector" is attached.
I have to say I agree with your original post. I've said more than once that pistol braces are for cheapskates trying to cheat the system. And every time i see a new one it looks even more like a stock. If the ATF is gonna keep letting **** like this slide then they might as well stop collecting all those $200.00 checks from guys trying to do it the legal way.

I have to say I agree with your original post. I've said more than once that pistol braces are for cheapskates trying to cheat the system. And every time i see a new one it looks even more like a stock. If the ATF is gonna keep letting **** like this slide then they might as well stop collecting all those $200.00 checks from guys trying to do it the legal way.
Not everyone wants a gun that restricted. Makes it harder to sell, harder to transport, can't loan it to anyone or leave it at someone's house, or even have it in the same safe that someone else knows the combo to. It's bull**** I know but hell you brought up "legality". These braces are in fact legal, though.

And I think everyone pro 2nd amendment is hoping they stop collecting those $200 checks.

Not everyone wants a gun that restricted. Makes it harder to sell, harder to transport, can't loan it to anyone or leave it at someone's house, or even have it in the same safe that someone else knows the combo to. It's bull**** I know but hell you brought up "legality". These braces are in fact legal, though.

And I think everyone pro 2nd amendment is hoping they stop collecting those $200 checks.
I'm all for stripping away NFA. I would love a 14" pump gun and an SKS SBR . And I think that MIGHT be doable if we are all paying attention and keeping the heat on our representatives. Now as for the Hughes Amendment and ever seeing new transferable machineguns... Well I don't wanna be the skeptic but i see that as a lot harder battle.

But as for braces I still think they're kinda gay. At least the original style braces had the flaps and velcro to pretend that you were gonna wrap it around your arm. The newer versions like the one in your pic well those are stocks i don't give a **** what anyone says. And I'm personally out on any weapon that CAN violate a federal law depending on how I hold it. But that's just me.

Why would you need this?
Come on, can't you read....."The SBP Pistol Brace Protector is designed to prevent debris and foreign materials from entering the rear opening/void of the Shockwave Blade, as well as to provide additional protection in the event of droppage."

I'm always getting debris stuck in my brace. Throws off the balance of my rifle, I mean pistol. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom