• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saiga AK bolt not closing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took Saiga back to GS and told them what was wrong. Showed them the correct and incorrect pics and the eamil from Brian at Dinzag Arms.. I was told that it would be fixed. We will see later today or tomorrow..

Stop! Simple problem and simple fix. I pout the bullet guide in mine and had the same problem. The head of thje screw sticks up too far and stops the bolt. Take a dremmel to the bolt head and shave it down a little thern try it. Repeat as needed.

Might be better to sink it not shave it off
Stop! Simple problem and simple fix. I pout the bullet guide in mine and had the same problem. The head of thje screw sticks up too far and stops the bolt. Take a dremmel to the bolt head and shave it down a little thern try it. Repeat as needed.

Sink it any more and you wallow the set hole out of the guide. The guide is already countersunk. The dome of the screw only sticks up the tiniest amount but it's enough to hit the bolt.

I talked to GS and thats exactly what he said. I will have it back on Monday. Man where were you sooner?? Thanks guys..

LOL! Sorry man. I been slacking.

And looking at your quote of my post I have apparently been illiterate and I'm quite the typist too. ;)

Having worked along side a Tool&Die Maker Counter sinking the screw is always the first option. . And of course proper tools like a drill press is required for precision. In any situation I hope it works:D.
Sink it any more and you wallow the set hole out of the guide. The guide is already countersunk. The dome of the screw only sticks up the tiniest amount but it's enough to hit the bolt.

You guys are great. I will have a drill press before the end of next week.. Thanks for all of your help and comments.. ODTrs rock..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom