• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saiga AK 100 conversion.

GTOTTY

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
114   0
Reaction score
Morning y’all, just picked up the 5.56 Saiga that tru prep had on the wall. Was curious if anyone here local had done an A-10 conversion. I started reading up on it last night, I’d love to use original Russian parts, but good Lord I didn’t realize just how bad prices had shut up. I know it’s quite sacrilege, but I was thinking about sourcing some of the gas block and front site items from Palmetto State as they had pretty good prices on some in the white modern AK front end parts. I suppose my biggest question is if there is anyone local that is half decent that does it, I heard through the grapevine, that GFL is looking at starting AK stuff here shortly, but it will be sometime before they have the rest of their tooling.

Photos of my Saigas for tax.

Attachments

• IMG_4431.jpeg
    IMG_4431.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 20
Morning y’all, just picked up the 5.56 Saiga that tru prep had on the wall. Was curious if anyone here local had done an A-10 conversion. I started reading up on it last night, I’d love to use original Russian parts, but good Lord I didn’t realize just how bad prices had shut up. I know it’s quite sacrilege, but I was thinking about sourcing some of the gas block and front site items from Palmetto State as they had pretty good prices on some in the white modern AK front end parts. I suppose my biggest question is if there is anyone local that is half decent that does it, I heard through the grapevine, that GFL is looking at starting AK stuff here shortly, but it will be sometime before they have the rest of their tooling.

Photos of my Saigas for tax.
I have no idea if the psa stuff is even cross compatible with ak74 pattern barrel journals let alone gas port positions

Don't use PSA stuff. Try finding Bulgarian or Russian. If it hurts the bank to much just go the south Carolina shooter supply.

You need to figure out what type of mags work with your AK.

Honestly kind of forgot I made this thread. Got a full front and rear form CSS for right now as a 101. Once I get a stamp for a 102 length I’m gonna get Russian stuff.

Back
Top Bottom