Saiga AK bolt not closing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerman

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
I know someone here can help me with this. My Saiga's bolt will not close all the way. I have to take a small bubber mallet and tap the bolt handle back just a bit to get it unstuck.. It looks like it is hitting the end of the brass casing and not closing.. It does have the round trunnion and the bullet guide has been installed for 922r complience.. Ideas? :confused:

replace the bolt. had the same thing on an AK, the bolt face was slightly out of spec and it would not close all the way. At first i thought the ejector was messed up so I put in a new ejector and spring but that didn't work, I replaced bolt with another AK of mine and voila! It worky! buy a new bolt. it could also be the locking lugs out of spec, but either way I would bet your bolt is messed up.

Oh, you can buy a stripped bolt also and just move the ejector, spring, pins, and firing pin over. I bought a complete bolt and kept the old parts as back ups.

here's the best price i could find:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_91/products_id/1531

Last edited:
replace the bolt. had the same thing on an AK, the bolt face was slightly out of spec and it would not close all the way. At first i thought the ejector was messed up so I put in a new ejector and spring but that didn't work, I replaced bolt with another AK of mine and voila! It worky! buy a new bolt. it could also be the locking lugs out of spec, but either way I would bet your bolt is messed up.

Oh, you can buy a stripped bolt also and just move the ejector, spring, pins, and firing pin over. I bought a complete bolt and kept the old parts as back ups.

here's the best price i could find:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_91/products_id/1531

Cant I contact the maker and see what they can do? I have never even fired this weapon and I bought it new..

- - - Updated - - -

who did the work?

Myself..

hell, I'd take some lapping compound and put it all over the bolt lugs...sit and watch tv and work that bad boy into smoothness...then you'd have a super tight bolt lock up...
but that's just me...

hell, I'd take some lapping compound and put it all over the bolt lugs...sit and watch tv and work that bad boy into smoothness...then you'd have a super tight bolt lock up...
but that's just me...

advice from someone who has buiilt way more than his fair share of AKs..and converted a few saigas along the way

Last edited:
Future advice to fire weapon before you modify/convert . Seems like only option is contact builder or work it out on your own. Wonder if you builder will assist after you tinkered with it?

That was a kick in the trhoat, but the damn truth..:D

- - - Updated - - -

avice from someone who has buiilt way more than his fair share of AKs..and converted a few saigas along the way

Think the bolt is not head spaced corrctly?

I do a ton of conversions on Saiga, but will not convert one that has not been shot by the owner and then me in the unconverted state to ensure it's working properly prior to the conversion. Most Saigas are good to go out of the box, but I've seen some messed up ones right from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom