• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saiga AK bolt not closing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going back to original question of "who did the work"? I said myself all but the bullet guide, I hac local Gs do that. I do not have a drill press, and I cant drill a striaght hole..

I think I found the problem.. I kept looking at picture and it came to me.. The damn trunnion is in backwards.. This is what it looks like, and what it should look like..

Should be what it looks like
x39_bg_round_inst.jpg

Is what it looks like
photo 2.JPG

If it's hanging on the bullet guide, I'd take it straight back to whoever did the work.
How much force does it take on the carrier to close the action?

I think I found the problem.. I kept looking at picture and it came to me.. The damn trunnion is in backwards.. This is what it looks like, and what it should look like..

Should be what it looks like
View attachment 131001

Is what it looks like
View attachment 131002

CAn't really tell from the pics...looks like the rivets are lined up..so it should be ok.. if the locking lugs are non-existent...then it IS in backwards!

If it's hanging on the bullet guide, I'd take it straight back to whoever did the work.
How much force does it take on the carrier to close the action?

I cant even close it. Once it goes to the point where it hangs. I have to tap it with a mallet to get it unstuck.. I have already called and emailed the GS who did this and said to be ready to fix it tomorrow.. I should have noticed it before I left to start with.. Thats my bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom