Ruger quality?

UPDATE: :mad2:
I just picked up both guns (RPR and Single 6).
As a refresher, the rifle went back for accuracy (can't get it to shoot sub inch consistently at 50 yards). It comes back with no documentation of what was done, just a copy of a target showing an 8-10 shot group (too blurry to tell) of about an inch and a half at 50 yards with the words written on it "Target from 50 yards after repair". :confused: I called them up to find out what 'repair' was done and supposedly it was work on the crown (which appears they may have done) and they said an inch and a half is what is deemed acceptable for that rifle. Do what?!?! 3 MOA?!?! is acceptable? What a joke. Screw that noise. Rifle will be up for sale with full disclosure.
Then the revolver I sent it in for shooting left (and low) to point of aim despite adjusting the rear sight fully (only sight that is adjustable).
Get it back with a packing slip that state "Adjusted Rear Sight
Base pin must be fully seated for proper function; otherwise the transfer bar will fall forward and get caught under the firing pin, locking up hammer.
Repair, safety function check, range test and cleaning has been completed"
I'm not sure what all that has to do with anything as I never had a function issue with it but the target shows it shooting..... 3 guesses..... yep, low and left of POA. Call THEM up (because handguns and rifles are different groups) and "A supervisor will have to call you back tomorrow."
Adding insult to injury the box for the revolver came back broken (latch broken off) and I was charged a transfer fee I wasn't told about.
:frusty:
Doood. That sux.

Sell it and go get urself a T1x

Doood. That sux.

Sell it and go get urself a T1x
Oh it's getting sold. Hey, on average, it shoots under an inch an half so perhaps in true internet fashion I'll list it as "shooting better than factory:rolleyes: spec!".
I don't even know if I want to remount the scope to test it and waste the ammo.... :tsk:

T1x is definitely a contender. Just don't know if I want to wait that long. I may just use the 77/22. So annoying....
Or could just pick up one of the endless 'tack drivers' sold here....

UPDATE: :mad2:
I just picked up both guns (RPR and Single 6).
As a refresher, the rifle went back for accuracy (can't get it to shoot sub inch consistently at 50 yards). It comes back with no documentation of what was done, just a copy of a target showing an 8-10 shot group (too blurry to tell) of about an inch and a half at 50 yards with the words written on it "Target from 50 yards after repair". :confused: I called them up to find out what 'repair' was done and supposedly it was work on the crown (which appears they may have done) and they said an inch and a half is what is deemed acceptable for that rifle. Do what?!?! 3 MOA?!?! is acceptable? What a joke. Screw that noise. Rifle will be up for sale with full disclosure.
Then the revolver I sent it in for shooting left (and low) to point of aim despite adjusting the rear sight fully (only sight that is adjustable).
Get it back with a packing slip that state "Adjusted Rear Sight
Base pin must be fully seated for proper function; otherwise the transfer bar will fall forward and get caught under the firing pin, locking up hammer.
Repair, safety function check, range test and cleaning has been completed"
I'm not sure what all that has to do with anything as I never had a function issue with it but the target shows it shooting..... 3 guesses..... yep, low and left of POA. Call THEM up (because handguns and rifles are different groups) and "A supervisor will have to call you back tomorrow."
Adding insult to injury the box for the revolver came back broken (latch broken off) and I was charged a transfer fee I wasn't told about.
:frusty:
That's totally unacceptable! I feel your pain. To spend that much for a " precision " rifle and have it shoot 1& 1/2 is ridiculous. They obviously screwed months crown. Don't take this the wrong way but did you go over it and re-torque all chassis boots and connecting screws just to make sure it's not a chassis problem. Maybe scope. Hopefully you took that off before sending it off to get fixed.
As a last resort I would maybe have Dobbs Defense re-crown the barrel just as a quality check. Then shoot again. I would think someone like you would have another quality scope try just to make sure the scope didn't just go to pot.

I am sorry that happened to you. No one should ever get that kind of s response fromna manufacturer. Especially concerning a hyped up precision rifle. one inch and a half at 50 yards is 3 inches at 100. Hell an off the shelf 22 mag ,( really not know for tack driving shots ) can shoot 3 inch groups. I would at least call again and talk to a different customer service rep and raise hell. I am pretty sure 3 inch groups at 100 is not acceptay. Maybe the guy you talked to thought you were shooting one inch and a half at 100.

I don't know off anything else to do but buy a new barrel. I have seen then for sale. I am going to look around for replacement barrel. What caliber are you working with here?

Drop in barrels for the AR-10 calibers around 5 to 7 to $800 if you have the rim fire version a drop in a good drop in is around 300 at Brownells. Still sucks though you have to think about buying a new barrel on a rifle you just purchased. That's worse than a shark stick in the balls!

Or...get a good drop-in barrel for it if you like the ergos of the chassis. Green Mountain makes an inexpensive barrel for under $200. ER Shaw is another affordable option. Lilja and Proof both makes barrels for it as well.
I don't hate the ergonomics, but the problem is I still don't know what the issue is. I'd rather not drop a bunch of money chasing a mystery.

That's totally unacceptable! I feel your pain. To spend that much for a " precision " rifle and have it shoot 1& 1/2 is ridiculous. They obviously screwed months crown. Don't take this the wrong way but did you go over it and re-torque all chassis boots and connecting screws just to make sure it's not a chassis problem. Maybe scope. Hopefully you took that off before sending it off to get fixed.
As a last resort I would maybe have Dobbs Defense re-crown the barrel just as a quality check. Then shoot again. I would think someone like you would have another quality scope try just to make sure the scope didn't just go to pot.

I am sorry that happened to you. No one should ever get that kind of s response fromna manufacturer. Especially concerning a hyped up precision rifle. one inch and a half at 50 yards is 3 inches at 100. Hell an off the shelf 22 mag ,( really not know for tack driving shots ) can shoot 3 inch groups. I would at least call again and talk to a different customer service rep and raise hell. I am pretty sure 3 inch groups at 100 is not acceptay. Maybe the guy you talked to thought you were shooting one inch and a half at 100.

I don't know off anything else to do but buy a new barrel. I have seen then for sale. I am going to look around for replacement barrel. What caliber are you working with here?
I put the scope on an old 77/22 and it was shooting sub 1/2" all day (even with it's horrible trigger). So it's definitely not the scope. No I didn't not take it out of the chassis and/or retorque anything. No, the CS guy understood it was at 50 yards. He even left the call to verify that is what was 'acceptable'. But I agree, the first guy I spoke with I orginally called fully admitted there was an issue, hence why I sent it in.

Back
Top Bottom