• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Mark IV 22/45 LTE ~ Anyone own one? Good for rimfire steel challenges?

Y'all are having to mod ruger mk mags to make them feed right? That's probably not a mag problem. If a ruger mk won't eat it something is probably out of spec with the ammo.
Are you kidding? Their mags are notorious for needing tuning. Akin to a dang 2011.

Are you kidding? Their mags are notorious for needing tuning. Akin to a dang 2011.
No not kidding, what kind of ammo do they not eat? I've honestly shot an easy 15k rounds through ruger mk's in the past 10 years with my only problems coming from them being extremely filthy.

I'm not saying its not true or anything but I've had some really crummy 22lr pistols. The MK series and buckmarks have been my eat all ammo standard for rim fire pistols.

Any info or knowledge to make them more reliable is greatly accepted. I usually have the luck that if something has a known issue it's definitely going to happen with me but my ruger mks have ran like sewing machines except for being covered in suppressor blowback 22lr filth!

It was really soupy out and wanted to shoot my new 22lr can...

One morning of steel challenge shooting under my belt and I'm already fantasizing about the gun I should purchase to shoot steel rimfire matches...

Anyone own or ever shoot a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 LTE? They look mean as well to me...and would be easy to throw an optic on...

That's what I shoot SC with when shooting rimfire. Rimfire can be a bitch, but a MKIV with tuned up mags and proper lube will do you right.

Glad you are diggin SC!

Dremel. Every self respecting amateur home gun smith needs one and needs to thoroughly screw a few things up with it.
Exactly. Mess something up once and say "dang, don't be an idiot and do that again" Dremels are great tools! I used a 1/8" carbide end mill in a pneumatic pencil grinder but for you poor people....dremels work great for this mod. ;)

Back
Top Bottom