• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Mark IV 22/45 LTE ~ Anyone own one? Good for rimfire steel challenges?

All of the Ruger MK pistols I've been around are terrible when they're dirty and since they're a little aggravating to field strip, most folks don't help em clean
The MKIV is extremely easy to clean. I've had a few mkII and III's but I will not be selling my MKIV.
20200707_192553.jpg

What kind of issues?

Just not feeding. Sometimes due to the cold. Keeping the mags warm with handwarmers helped. Also the Aguila ammo I was using was slightly long I guess. The nose would rub on the front of the mag body and cause feed issues. @Cobalt 60 tuned my mags some and running a little oil down the inside front of the mag seems to have resolved the issue.

Back when I could find CCI mini mag ammo I never really had any issues out of the gun.

Just not feeding. Sometimes due to the cold. Keeping the mags warm with handwarmers helped. Also the Aguila ammo I was using was slightly long I guess. The nose would rub on the front of the mag body and cause feed issues. @Cobalt 60 tuned my mags some and running a little oil down the inside front of the mag seems to have resolved the issue.
Back when I could find CCI mini mag ammo I never really had any issues out of the gun.
Have you “rounded” the little ears on the opening of the mag? I’ll try to find a pic. It made my feed soooo much better with any kind of ammo

Back
Top Bottom