• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rimfire benchrest match - edit April 25th.

Why do you say that?
Because I can't get this freaking rifle (RPR) to shoot worth a flip. :mad: After spraying stuff all over the place, I checked the scope mounts. VERY loose. No idea how or why. Tightened then up and begin another 5 shot group. First 3 almost in the same hole. I started laughing and said "Thank you Jesus!", then.... next two went in random directions. Subseunt groups were no better than prior to tightening mounts. While everything was under one inch nothing was under 1/2". That's 50 yards with Tenex. Almost no wind. Completely unacceptable. Hell, I have multiple centerfire rifles that I can consistently shoot at 100 yards with WAY less scope tighter than this thing.
If I can't get it figured out soon, it's gone pecan.

Because I can't get this freaking rifle (RPR) to shoot worth a flip. :mad: After spraying stuff all over the place, I checked the scope mounts. VERY loose. No idea how or why. Tightened then up and begin another 5 shot group. First 3 almost in the same hole. I started laughing and said "Thank you Jesus!", then.... next two went in random directions. Subseunt groups were no better than prior to tightening mounts. While everything was under one inch nothing was under 1/2". That's 50 yards with Tenex. Almost no wind. Completely unacceptable. Hell, I have multiple centerfire rifles that I can consistently shoot at 100 yards with WAY less scope tighter than this thing.
Want to borrow my CZ 457 for the shoot? It has a 24 power scope.

IMG_4126.JPG
IMG_4127.JPG
IMG_4128.JPG
IMG_4129.JPG
IMG_4130.JPG

I appreciate it (almost bought that one instead) but I suspect I can shoot mine just as bad as I can shoot that one. ;)
Have you got it out yet? What's the verdict?
If I do get something else, that is on the very short list.
I haven't fired it yet. Waiting on my AR 10 BCG (will be here the 28th) and taking all of my firearms for a range day.

The only ammo I have is CCI standard Winchester white box, federal and a few other brands but nothing match.

I haven't fired it yet. Waiting on my AR 10 BCG (will be here the 28th) and taking all of my firearms for a range day.

The only ammo I have is CCI standard Winchester white box, federal and a few other brands but nothing match.
Lots of people have had amazing results with CCI SV.
Match stuff is available, but you're going to pay big time right now.

Lots of people have had amazing results with CCI SV.
Match stuff is available, but you're going to pay big time right now.
Yeah I can't quite bite the bullet on 50 cent a round 22 LR when the last I bought was 235 dollars for 5550 rounds.

I'm going to show my ignorance here but is there a barrel break-in period for .22's?

Back
Top Bottom