• Yes, but only with a pistol backup

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • No, I'm not from the past.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Tacos

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Yes, as a BBQ, Special event.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Yes, as a BBQ, Special event. (Pistol backup)

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still want the Rossi 971 my first wife shot herself with. But Houston Co " lost it" . That was THE 357 to have. Pre Taurus model in stainless with the inflicted cylinder. Back in the 90s it was a budget revolver. Now they go for Smith prices.

Nothing wrong with carrying a revolver. I carry one from time to time.

Folks that claim they have poor triggers, or are difficult to shoot, are making up crap to make themselves feel better about their piss poor capabilities.

A revolver is no better or worse......it's just different. They have their pros and cons.

In my experience, a comparable quality revolver that has been maintained is more reliable than a semi-auto that has been retained. When there is a "malfunction" with a revolver, it tends to be the ammo that caused it. I have seen ammo issues completely lock up a revolver, however. Lock it up to the point that you need tools to fix it.

The ammo is less critical to functioning in a revolver than it is in a pistol. In most cases, if it fits in the cylinder, then it's good to go. Same can't be said of a pistol round that fits in a magazine.

I shot Revolver in USPSA off and on for a few years. You end up figuring out what they can and can't do well.
Yep, I've had a revolver locked up like you're talking about. Set up right I can reload a revolver just as fast as a auto pistol

I have a S&W 60-4 (3" J frame with adjustable sights) that is among the best concealed carry pistols ever conceived.

Sent from my 6165S using Tapatalk

When in the yard I carry a 357 with 2 shot shells for snakes. So far every snake I come across is non poison. 14 years ago I saw a copperhead and I was not carrying. He took off into the woods so fast even if I had a shot I doubt I would have tried to shoot. If he held his ground I would have smashed him with a shovel near by.
But counting my North American 22 mag I figger I always have a revolver.
A j frame has served well for everything I’ve ever needed a handgun for. I’ve used one for snakes and armadillos and wounded deer. May not have done it as quickly as I preferred but it worked.
The shrouded hammer pocket revolver is the archetypal self defense weapon.
Whoa it’s past my bedtime and I’ve been at a ball field since 3:30. I’m gonna have to google such wordmanship

Had a couple months of recovery with shoulder problem that had me not being able to hold a gun in my preferred hand. Dug a Ruger LCR with laser that I'd got for my wife a few years ago out of the safe, she didn't like it. Shot it loaded with 38's at the range. Better than a sharp stick, was happy to have it in the pocket....glad to be back to my normal carry now but.

Nah. They love it, they love this **** don't let it fool ya :lol:

I will apologize for the low blow about the creds thing. I had your back back then and think that was all bull**** anyway.

But I still believe if you had to fight Jerry Miculek on mothers day you'd leave your revolvers at home.

Don't know about cmshoot, but if I hadda' fight Scary Jerry, I'M NOT LEAVING THE HOUSE! Take THAT ****! :) :) :)

I love revolvers too. I've got way more revolvers than semi autos. But if any one of us knew for a fact we were going to be in a gunfight this evening and could only Carry one handgun, we'd all choose a semi-auto that holds more than 5-6 rounds. I know it, you know it, every one reading this knows it.
If I I had that information, I would be carrying a .357 revolver and a reload.

Back
Top Bottom