• Yes, but only with a pistol backup

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • No, I'm not from the past.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Tacos

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Yes, as a BBQ, Special event.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Yes, as a BBQ, Special event. (Pistol backup)

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whatever you carry clean it often. Pocket lint,dirt, sweat, and whatever else finds its way into your gun rapidly. I dare say that even j frames fail that are carried religiously but not taken care of. Don’t be that guy that goes to shoot a snake and the hammer hangs cocked cause his 36 has enough dirt to plant squash in it and the 5 38’s look like grey q-tips with a rim.
It’s a model 60 but why have you been looking in my pocket?

Just kidding a good reminder especially this time of year

I was thinking shoulder rig, with one speed loader. And the p365 at 4 o'clock. But it quickly gets to the level of having a duty belt, or bat belt if you will.
I have an ankle holster for one of my snub nose .44spcls …. It is a 5 shot and lightweight (Bulldog) and I carry a short bbl 41mag on a shoulder holster quite frequently also. I have a few light 44/41 mags that do just fine in close quarter shootings (up to about 30+- feet I can put them in a tight circle, one handed a lot of the time) .
I do love my .45 autos and 9mm autos too ! So I don’t discount anything….I carry a variety of them !! :becky:

I have an ankle holster for one of my snub nose .44spcls …. It is a 5 shot and lightweight (Bulldog) and I carry a short bbl 41mag on a shoulder holster quite frequently also. I have a few light 44/41 mags that do just fine in close quarter shootings (up to about 30+- feet I can put them in a tight circle, one handed a lot of the time) .
I do love my .45 autos and 9mm autos too ! So I don’t discount anything….I carry a variety of them !! :becky:
Same. The P365 has been a constant after experiencing the difference from a 92x as a daily. But sometimes you want to dress it up, kill em with class as I've heard before... so a .357 with a big butt grip fits the bill. Mind you my .45 with the cnc milled grips is also a looker.

This, what I carry depends on where I'm going and how I'm dressed. Snubby for the grocery store and around town and something more substantial for less civilized areas that I may have to travel into.
What you carry is less important than knowing how to use what you're carrying.
If you rotate guns make sure you're proficient with all the ones you do carry.
Don't want to be fumbling around in a tight situation.
Exactly. In my younger days I've carried a 6" model 29 in a shoulder rig

My "Always" Gun is an old, well-worn Smith & Wesson Model 442--Sometimes it's in a Fanny Pack, sometimes it's in a Pocket Holster, sometimes it's AIWB--But it's ALWAYS with me...

Sometimes I will carry a SECOND J-Frame--Usually a 640-3 or a 642 with the uncommon 2 & 1/2" Barrel, sometimes I carry a K-Frame Snub and once in a while I'll carry a Model 242 pre-lock--I'm just more comfortable with Revolvers, know how to "Run" one pretty well and am well aware of their limitations--Probably won't ever catch me carrying a Glock or clone thereof...

Look at this revolver. My grandpa carried it on duty as a cop, chief of NYC, and CCw.

Next to it is my carry gun. Same weight, 3x the rounds of better ammo, 3x quicker to reload, and I can make head shots reliably at 50 yards.

Hard to argue with that, but I will not suggest the modern stuff looks cooler or “feels better” thank old stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_4282.jpeg
    IMG_4282.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4283.jpeg
    IMG_4283.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 18
Nothing wrong with carrying a revolver. I carry one from time to time.

Folks that claim they have poor triggers, or are difficult to shoot, are making up crap to make themselves feel better about their piss poor capabilities.

A revolver is no better or worse......it's just different. They have their pros and cons.

In my experience, a comparable quality revolver that has been maintained is more reliable than a semi-auto that has been retained. When there is a "malfunction" with a revolver, it tends to be the ammo that caused it. I have seen ammo issues completely lock up a revolver, however. Lock it up to the point that you need tools to fix it.

The ammo is less critical to functioning in a revolver than it is in a pistol. In most cases, if it fits in the cylinder, then it's good to go. Same can't be said of a pistol round that fits in a magazine.

I shot Revolver in USPSA off and on for a few years. You end up figuring out what they can and can't do well.

Back
Top Bottom