• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Review: Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory Target Gun

IMG_20150601_185456731.jpg

Oh CRAP! How did this get here?
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO DELETE SOMETHING IN A THREAD?

Your Buckmark sure does like the Fiocchi ammo.. Nice... It looks like you might be 2 clicks to the right.. :) Good shooting. Thanks for sharing..

Yeah, that one surprised me a bit. Just goes to show how a good gun can make a mediocre shooter look good!

Of course that was the last box of Fiocchi I had, so of course that turns out to be the most accurate...

Yeah, that one surprised me a bit. Just goes to show how a good gun can make a mediocre shooter look good!

Of course that was the last box if FIocchi I had, so of course that turns out to be the most accurate...
For Sale! Fiocchi .22 ammo. Special of the day. Only $1 per round (minimum purchase 50 rounds), plus shipping. Email all inquiries! Quantities are limited.

Follow-up post for anyone that's interested:

I FINALLY got this thing apart. When I told you this bolt was tight, I was NOT kidding. On the advice of S & W, I cranked on it with whatever it took to get it apart. I have NO IDEA how much force was needed, but you'll get the idea from the picture below!
(Not the twisted part, just the tip. This is a high strength Allen socket that's already twisted)

I'll post additional pictures of the inside of the gun. There are a few things that concern me a little bit, one thing concerns me a lot!

IMG_20160219_111049644.jpg

The first thing I found when I finally got this baby apart was something that alarms us all. PLASTIC! Yes, there is some kind of delrin-type material that is used as a bolt buffer inside this gun. Now, I'm sure it will hold up for quite some time, but we all know what happens to the old Marlin Model 60 variants over time. Those plastic buffers eventually start to disintegrate and the parts can get everywhere and do some strange things to keep the guns from performing. The saving grace here, however, is that this buffer piece is pinned in place, so removal and replacement should be a snap if it ever needs done.

On the positive side, it looks like all the internals are very serviceable and well put together. Very Ruger-esque, actually. This gun just begs for a Volquartsen Accurizing Kit, but alas; I checked the VQ website and there is nothing available quite yet!

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Also, if you'll notice that the gun really is not very dirty even after close to 1,000 rounds shot so far. This is a testament to good quality ammo I believe. I can't imagine what it would look like had I shot Golden Bullets through it the whole time.

IMG_20160219_104813303.jpg

The final group of pictures will have to speak for themselves. If you have a specific question about anything you see just let me know. I've gotten much too wordy on this thread already, and I'm not even sure if anyone is even reading it or looking at it.

If you want a closer picture of anything please let me know. My BIGGEST concern is the way the ejector is mounted. I have a lot of experience with this problem on various Mark II's and AMT Lightnings, and I am positive over time the ejector on this gun will break off. I fully expect this gun will have an engineering change at some point... but we shall see.

Enjoy!

IMG_20160219_104834707.jpg IMG_20160219_104901958.jpg IMG_20160219_104911275.jpg IMG_20160219_112933408.jpg

Back
Top Bottom