• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Review: Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory Target Gun

Removing the little firing pin assembly requires removing the main spring. This also is very easy, although it's a little more "dangerous" than removing the spring in a Ruger. The spring guide rod fits into a little hole on the front of the bolt, which you can just see in the lower left of the picture below. It runs along the length of the bolt and is held in place by its own spring tension. This is where it get a little challenging to put it pack together. The guide rod has to protrude all the way through the bolt in the front and it can actually seem like it's in place when it's actually not. The bolt will slide into place and appear to be correct, but the gun will not go back together completely unless this guide rod is properly "seated" in both the front and the back.

IMG_20160221_212456031.jpg

If you notice the detent in the end of the spring guide rod. This is used to remove and replace the spring in proper position. I used a small punch that fit into this detent (a nice touch my Smith, by the way) and just pushed slightly forward. The spring simply pulls out of the slot and then will "spring" backwards (to the right in this picture) to relieve the pressure and you can just pull it out. Very simple. Be warned, however, that if you don't "control" it when you take it out, it will shoot into the next county and possibly hit someone's Grandma in the eye. So be cautious!

IMG_20160221_212724489.jpg

Taking the firing pin assembly out is done by just pushing it out from the bottom. I used the same punch as I used to get the bolt spring out and was very careful to push evenly on both ends. Since it's plastic, I didn't want to damage it in any way since I didn't know what I was actually going to end up with. It actually snaps into place, so there's really no way to mess up the reinstallation. The firing pin AND extractor and related spring can also be "serviced" at this point very easily as well, but I didn't take any of that apart for my little experiment here.

IMG_20160221_212429359.jpg

Well, that's all I've got. Hope you get a chance to shoot one of these guns sometime. I really like it and am being watchful for when the trigger components might be available. When they are, I have no doubt that my "investment" in this new Smith will be somewhat enhanced.

Safe Shooting!

Interesting pistol - thanks for the review. I'm still a buck mark fan.

I had a stainless Buckmark like this bought one time and somebody sniped the damn thing right out from under me! I'm still Buckmark-less!
WAIT A MINUTE! HERE IT IS!

BTW, I think that all of the older slab-sided BMs with the silver frame are actually nickle-plated. Mine is, anyway (the barrel is in storage), and all of the ones that I've seen personally are the same way.

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s131_bdaleray_Firearms_BuckMarkGroupShot_R.jpg

Back
Top Bottom