• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rental car prices?

Car rental companies sold off most of their inventory when COVID hit. Now they can’t get the amount of cars they need due to the computer chip shortage so they just charge out the wazoo for what they do have.
Exactly. They sold off a lot of their inventory during COVID. Now they can't meet demands and I've seen Enterprise charging as much as $800/week for small SUV's.

Exactly. They sold off a lot of their inventory during COVID. Now they can't meet demands and I've seen Enterprise charging as much as $800/week for small SUV's.
I needed to buy a car for my grand daughter a few months ago and found a really great deal on a new model with fairly low miles. The dealer said it was bought from a rental car company. Had it checked out with a Ford Dealer across the road (my traditional dealer) and got the thumbs up. It turns out to be an excellent car and a good buy. She's happy for that - and I thank whatever rental company panicked and sold it off...

Rental car companies raking in the money just like everyone else during these times, they sold off their fleets, now demand is surging and adjusting new prices, their operating costs are down and I bet they net more per rental now than they ever have, and each company is feeding off of each others increase in prices. Its pretty much the way to make money the next year or so.

They thought that the economy was subject to supply and demand so they forecasted a huge drop in business due to the pandemic. They sold off a lot of their inventory ahead of time but they weren't expecting the feds to print six trillion dollars out of thin air. Now demand is through the roof

Wake up folks! Almost the entire nation is sleepwalking with their eyes open into a living nightmare; we are barely scratching the surface of the problems we are going to have to deal with.

The concept of free money is a guaranteed formula that will exacerbate the already on-going monetary collapse and impending economic disaster. It is not just an economic failure, but more importantly, a moral failure as well.

Saved over $1000 renting a Uhaul pickup instead of big box rental car for a trip this summer. Uhaul just called me today cancelling the reservation because they’re only going to do 1 day rentals on those now due to the surging demand from rental prices.

I know of people renting U-Haul pickups / vans for trips because rental cars were either not available or were stupid expensive. I tried to get a rental car in Dallas a couple of weeks ago and nothing was available at DFW or DAL. Found a random van rental company but they were catching $780 for a Friday - Sunday rental.

was actually able to get a car through Hertz this weekend at DFW, $320 for Friday PM- Sunday

Back
Top Bottom