• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The damn car bidness...

The interest rate probably would not look fantastic but if it’s short-term you might check on personal loan rates as well. I wouldn’t suggest that unless someone was in a real pinch though. Online banks and credit card companies offer them. I might expect north of 8% right now though at least.
My bank (Sunmark) limits signature loans at $6K.

I worked at 5 or 6 different dealers over my car sales career and I can tell you right now I wouldn't buy a new car If I had all the money in the world. Even if I won the lottery tomorrow I would be looking for that Supercharged Vette or Hellcat Demon in the classifieds.
My sister always bought conversion vans for their family because she has 4 kids. They bought used ones from private sellers and saved a tons of money. Those vehicles always have low miles and are usually in impeccable shape. Used vehicles from private sellers is the only way to fly and that's all there is to it.

That’s what I got offered but I don’t know. Definitely around plan Z at that point. Not an ideal path.
When you can get 4.5+ on a money market account account its hard for banks to offer low rates at this time. We actually saw somewhere offering 0% the other day. I told my wife we are better off financing a car and selling the trade and just leave the money in the bank we are planning to use to buy the car.

I worked at 5 or 6 different dealers over my car sales career and I can tell you right now I wouldn't buy a new car If I had all the money in the world. Even if I won the lottery tomorrow I would be looking for that Supercharged Vette or Hellcat Demon in the classifieds.
My sister always bought conversion vans for their family because she has 4 kids. They bought used ones from private sellers and saved a tons of money. Those vehicles always have low miles and are usually in impeccable shape. Used vehicles from private sellers is the only way to fly and that's all there is to it.
It is a shame, but most "for sale by owner" ads, say in craigslist for example, are really a dealer or flipper disguising himself as an owner.....at the same time acting as if he is doing you a favor to talk in the meantime. The first question I ask is "is the vehicle registered to you, in your name"? click

When you can get 4.5+ on a money market account account its hard for banks to offer low rates at this time. We actually saw somewhere offering 0% the other day. I told my wife we are better off financing a car and selling the trade and just leave the money in the bank we are planning to use to buy the car.
they's a'int no such thing as zero percent financing, they are just bundling the interest with the principle

I did not read all 5 pages here, but Kia's and Hyundai's from 2011-2021 are getting harder to insure (for 'full coverage') due to thefts. Couldn't give me one
Google Kia Boyz

I walked out of a dealership once over $400.00, the manager asked me wife," Are you going to let him not buy you that car over $400.00?" "She said are you not going to sell us that car over $400.00?" We went to another dealer that day and bought another car, the next day the manager called me at work and said we're going to take your offer, I said too late I bought one the same day at another dealership.
LOL, love it

Back
Top Bottom