• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Primers?

I hear ya, I keep hoping what I have will hold me, until the prices come down again. I found CCI for $90 a little while ago. That’s $10 or $15 better than the last time I looked.
not too bad….not great but not terrible.
I have to take into consideration hazmat and shipping.
That makes them higher , as we all know. You have to take that in consideration.
unfortunately it is only going to get worse for all of us.
but loading beats buying preloaded ammo anyway. Especially if you cast like I do. I was lucky dad taught me and left me a good set up of molds and pots/equipment along with knowledge. Thanks dad !! Lol

sorry....I don't understand having 4-6k of a certain primer, and needing more....I have a lot of primers as well, and want more....we all do....what I'm wondering....does anybody REALLY load 4-6k of a certain primer per year, or even 2 years???? if so....do you have a job???....I'm just asking...AND if you load that much....how do you find the time to shoot that much....AND how often do you replace your barrels???
just a thought....I could possibility understand pistol.....MAYBE....also shotgun....I did shoot a lot of trap in my time...AND did quite a bit of loading for that...however do not think that I exceeded 2-4k of trap shooting a year...hold on...maybe it was more....

sorry....I don't understand having 4-6k of a certain primer, and needing more....I have a lot of primers as well, and want more....we all do....what I'm wondering....does anybody REALLY load 4-6k of a certain primer per year, or even 2 years???? if so....do you have a job???....I'm just asking...AND if you load that much....how do you find the time to shoot that much....AND how often do you replace your barrels???
just a thought....I could possibility understand pistol.....MAYBE....also shotgun....I did shoot a lot of trap in my time...AND did quite a bit of loading for that...however do not think that I exceeded 2-4k of trap shooting a year...hold on...maybe it was more....
I shoot well over 10k rounds of 9mm a year. Easily. 😂

Can't speak for those who load rifle or pistol ammo, but loading 75 to 100 rounds per week of shot shells even on a single stage press is not that difficult or time consuming. Those 1000 primers will be gone in less than 3 months. :(

1680926447019.jpeg

I go through 15-20k small pistol and a 2k-2500 small rifle / year I stopped keeping up with rimfire. I have a job and I generally load when it’s raining and can’t shoot. I shoot as much as I can I’m fortunate that I can shoot where I work when time permits. Barrels I change when accuracy falls off and depends on caliber not really a set amount I’ve found every barrel is different.

If i only had 4-6k I’d be nervous. Loaded and shot 3k 9mm in the last 3 months. I typically shoot 300-400 rounds per outing and more when my kids join.

A few weekends here and there and it adds up quickly. Pretty simple math.

Yeah I shoot at least 10-15k rounds every couple of months. I have probably 8-10 different calibers I load for right now…. So yeah, I go through some primers, powder and lead.
As far as replacing barrels, no but I do have quite a few guns so…it’s not like I am shooting just 1-2 guns or something. I may shoot 100-300 rounds a week through 2-3 guns if not more ……(??)

I hope you are joking…. if I only had 4-6K of certain primers I would be panic buying them big time. 4-6K will not last long at all if you shoot. I have WELL over ten times that amount in primers and I’m still buying them, but we go thru them pretty quick. I gotta keep all my reloading presses fed.

View attachment 5575484
I go through 15-20k small pistol and a 2k-2500 small rifle / year I stopped keeping up with rimfire. I have a job and I generally load when it’s raining and can’t shoot. I shoot as much as I can I’m fortunate that I can shoot where I work when time permits. Barrels I change when accuracy falls off and depends on caliber not really a set amount I’ve found every barrel is different.

Badge of honor or signs of addiction? I just can't bring myself to toss them.

IMG_0883.jpg

Back
Top Bottom