• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Primers?

RE: Shot Shell Primers. I recently ordered 10K Winchester 209's. Delivered for $1,123.00 so about 0.1123 cents each. With all of the crap going on around the world, who knows what the future holds. I'd rather have and not need. you know the rest. I'm seeing cheddite's now for $59. I will probably buy them and put in storage for a real rainy day. The only thing that can stop me now is a run pitch, and a shortage of clay targets.

sorry....I don't understand having 4-6k of a certain primer, and needing more....I have a lot of primers as well, and want more....we all do....what I'm wondering....does anybody REALLY load 4-6k of a certain primer per year, or even 2 years???? if so....do you have a job???....I'm just asking...AND if you load that much....how do you find the time to shoot that much....AND how often do you replace your barrels???
just a thought....I could possibility understand pistol.....MAYBE....also shotgun....I did shoot a lot of trap in my time...AND did quite a bit of loading for that...however do not think that I exceeded 2-4k of trap shooting a year...hold on...maybe it was more....
I'm not shooting as much in the last year or so but still have gone through 3k .38 special. Lead bullets don't wear out barrels. I cast my own. Now that I have a 10mm I'm about to develop a couple of loads and fill up a couple of 50 cal ammo cans with it. When I had a range in my backyard I easily went through 10k apiece of .38,.40, 9mm and .45 acp in a year.

I wasn't really joking....guess I'm not as addicted to shooting as some here, AND I consider myself a "shooter"...the numbers mentioned are incredible, I understand the need for primers!!! Those that load as much as mentioned must spend any leftover time searching for components...good luck...you must also have understanding families

After the Obama shortage I stocked up with enough primers and powder to last the rest of my life. When it comes to reloading I go through periods where I will just do a whole lot of a particular thing. Like casting bullets or processing brass. After a while you get ahead of the game enough when I want to actually make loaded rounds I have thousands of sized lubed bullets and 8 to 10 homer buckets of processed brass. My girlfriend goes to bed early during the week because of work so I always have several hours a night to reload if I want.

After the Obama shortage I stocked up with enough primers and powder to last the rest of my life. When it comes to reloading I go through periods where I will just do a whole lot of a particular thing. Like casting bullets or processing brass. After a while you get ahead of the game enough when I want to actually make loaded rounds I have thousands of sized lubed bullets and 8 to 10 homer buckets of processed brass. My girlfriend goes to bed early during the week because of work so I always have several hours a night to reload if I want.
I ordered my current "hoard" the day the Pulse Nightclub shooting happened. Kids getting killed is one thing but when a protected class like homosexuals are assaulted? I figured for certain that congress would enact some type of Draconian gun restrictions.

I ordered my current "hoard" the day the Pulse Nightclub shooting happened. Kids getting killed is one thing but when a protected class like homosexuals are assaulted? I figured for certain that congress would enact some type of Draconian gun restrictions.

I've lucked into some amazing stuff over the years that helped build my hoard. The old man that taught me to cast and reload gave me a hundred pounds of 4895 and blc2 and 50k .308 bullets. I stopped at an estate sale once and got 5, 5 pound jugs of various pistol powders a press and a box full of die sets for a 100 bucks.

I've lucked into some amazing stuff over the years that helped build my hoard. The old man that taught me to cast and reload gave me a hundred pounds of 4895 and blc2 and 50k .308 bullets. I stopped at an estate sale once and got 5, 5 pound jugs of various pistol powders a press and a box full of die sets for a 100 bucks.
some folks have all the luck....

Back
Top Bottom