• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Price limits......you fur it or agin it?

Does ODT need some form of price limits

• Mods should delete the gouger ads

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Members should be able to post comments to say it's overpriced

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • Undecided - don't like over priced ads but it's their stuff

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • It's a free market - I just laugh and move on

Votes: 138 67.0%
  • Hope they get it so I can sell some and cash in too.

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Just waiting for Taco Tuesday

Votes: 24 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Capture+_2020-08-28-12-08-06-1.png

Just saying, if the argument in support of price gouging is FREE MARKET... that's a two way street. I realize that on ODT that the "free market" means "I can do whatever *I* want to do and you are not allowed to say anything about it"... but that's not how a free market actually works...

what does it hurt to be able to talk **** to someone asking $900 for a VP9 or a glock 34 slide? I mean really....

Lets simmer down a little and let people have sum fun on here.

what does it hurt to be able to talk **** to someone asking $900 for a VP9 or a glock 34 slide? I mean really....

Lets simmer down a little and let people have sum fun on here.

It hurts the person's ability to sell it at that price, and so that's why people don't want us to be able to goof on or comment on prices. The people against comments, are largely the people doing the price gouging. They simply want to protect their interests...

Just saying, if the argument in support of price gouging is FREE MARKET... that's a two way street. I realize that on ODT that the "free market" means "I can do whatever *I* want to do and you are not allowed to say anything about it"... but that's not how a free market actually works...

I am surprised that you are still posting. The owner shot all your arguments down by posting what he believes. No price gouging on ammo or firearms, no, you cannot post in other people ads about what you believe to be correct., and no he is not starting any price controls. You keep bringing up this nonsense and will not accept the fact, you can't do what you want on this site. Quit whinning and moaning. You have options, stay and follow the rules, or leave. Either way, you are not getting what you want. Personally, I enjoy your posts. Your posts really bring to light the idiocy of your arguments. Nothing like showing your true colors! lol

It hurts the person's ability to sell it at that price, and so that's why people don't want us to be able to goof on or comment on prices. The people against comments, are largely the people doing the price gouging. They simply want to protect their interests...
maybe just allow people to be berated when they post a glock stripped oem slide for $800 then. Because **** those people aint nobody dumb enuff to buy some **** like that anyway so we arent hurting any sell and are technically helping the op out.

maybe just allow people to be berated when they post a glock stripped oem slide for $800 then. Because **** those people aint nobody dumb enuff to buy some **** like that anyway so we arent hurting any sell and are technically helping the op out.

I get where they don't want people arguing and fighting over prices. That's understandable... And if the poster doesn't want any questions or comments they can lock the thread from replies...

If their argument is, "Listen, we don't want this forum to devolve into nothing but bickering on price and stuff", I can understand that.

But you can't claim "Ma free market freedoms!" while at the same time, suppressing other's free speech that you don't like or want to hear...

Do you have a right to post a stock used Glock for $1000? Sure.

Does someone have the right to pay that idiotic price? Sure.

Should I be able to ask if they are off their meds, or "what does the gun come with for the extra $500 in your asking price? Absolutely.

But telling me that my "freedom" is to not have the ability to speak and that I can only express my freedom by being silent and walking away... that's NOT freedom and that's NOT how a free market works. At all.

I get where they don't want people arguing and fighting over prices. That's understandable... And if the poster doesn't want any questions or comments they can lock the thread from replies...

If their argument is, "Listen, we don't want this forum to devolve into nothing but bickering on price and stuff", I can understand that.

But you can't claim "Ma free market freedoms!" while at the same time, suppressing other's free speech that you don't like or want to hear...

Do you have a right to post a stock used Glock for $1000? Sure.

Does someone have the right to pay that idiotic price? Sure.

Should I be able to ask if they are off their meds, or "what does the gun come with for the extra $500 in your asking price? Absolutely.

But telling me that my "freedom" is to not have the ability to speak and that I can only express my freedom by being silent and walking away... that's NOT freedom and that's NOT how a free market works. At all.

Hahahahaha! You just get deeper and deeper!

Back
Top Bottom