previously untold story of Air Force kamakaze mission on 9/11

Shooting any aircraft down, passenger airline or not, once other targets have been attacked would not be a bad thing. Hell, it would show that we were prepared to do anything to stop terrorists. The passengers of Flight 93 are the reason that aircraft did not reach its target. Plain and simple.

Cover-ups of that magnitude just don't happen. Too many potential sources of the truth coming out.

Unless... :tinfoil3:

Last edited:
I remember CNN reported that a bomb had exploded at the State Department in downtown DC that day. Since I have relatives that work in that building I called family up there when I could get through and it turned out it was 2 jets that went supersonic over downtown. It was probably these two. I had never heard this story. Thanks for the thread.

I don't know. It's been public information for a long time that fighters were scrambled to intercept 93. We were caught with our collective pants down.
Merica and all the glory she deserves. Look, what time was that alleged flight downed? What time did the second plane hit? Those things run at the speed of sound or something. I dunno.

Bldg 7 would of been the tallest building in thirty something states at the time. Look at the pictures of bldg 3, 4, then 7 and the pentagon before the wall fell in. Oh look at the surveillance video of the pentagon plane strike. Compare Ukraine downed aircraft vs 93 crash photos. Yeah nothing odd going on. Im out.

Merica and all the glory she deserves. Look, what time was that alleged flight downed? What time did the second plane hit? Those things run at the speed of sound or something. I dunno.

Second plane hit just minutes after the first. I believe both planes hit the towers between 8:00 and 8:30 in the AM. As I remember, it was mid morning when Flight 93 was resolved. By resolved, I mean that after the two planes hid the Trade Center, it became apparent that the country was under attack and that there were other planes involved. As I remember, there was some knowledge that a plane full of passengers was in danger before the crash occurred unlike the planes hitting the towers totally unexpectedly. I believe that by the time #93 went down, the third plane had already hit the pentagon, and they believed that #93 was headed for the White House or the capital building.

Times. Impact one, two, three, crash. Supersonic jets. Distances. it has been years since i learned all i needed to know and I don't recall the exact times. Misinformation anyone?

After the Berlin Wall came down and the USSR collapsed, cutbacks and threat assessments basically gutted what was once Air Defense Command. Guard units picked up the air intercept role from active units. The last non-guard/reserve Fighter Interceptor Squadron was the 57th FIS, Keflavik Iceland. We kept four birds on alert and later only two. These aircraft had live munitions. The balance of our aircraft in hardened aircraft shelters could be generated for sustained intercept operations.

NAS Keflavik had two runways, plus taxiways that could be used to launch and recover aircraft. Our nearest divert bases were Leuchers Air Base, Scotland, and Bodo Air Base, Norway. If push came to shove and our base and divert bases were unavailable, pilots would ram enemy aircraft. Even with a "poopy suit" on, their chances of survival in the frigid waters of the North Atlantic were pretty much zero.

So, it is not beyond comprehension that pilots, in an effort to defend the Capitol, the Pentagon and the President, would be directed to ram aircraft. If 9/11 had occurred during the Cold War, there's no doubt the aircraft would have had live munitions. Todainy, I imagine they do. Things have changed.

Only type people who would call BS on something like this are the same type people who think we blew up the World Trade Center.

Excellent analysis, along with your post that follows this one--And "Spot-On" as far as the Budgetary constraints on our Air Defenses post-Cold War--Most people just WOULD NOT BELIEVE how VULNERABLE we actually were--Well, 9/11 DID happen, so... :( ....mikey357

At the closing days of WWII the Germans trained their pilots to ram the bombers devastating their cities. However, their missions were to use the wings of their aircraft to impact the enemy and then bail out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom