• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pressure Cooker Recipes??

I got this cookbok when i got my instant pot and everything in it has been great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1524762962

I should say while I love my instant pot for a lot of things (boneless skinless chicken thighs are probably the best thing to cook in em with some sort of sauce), some things (braises of tough cuts) i think still do better in the oven, longer cooking times just break down the meat better and gives you more carmelization. Also while you will save time and it's pretty fool proof, I have found a few things things, browning in an instant pot isnt as fast or even as on the stove (will occasionally brown on the stove then throw things in) and a lot of recipes will not be honest about the time they take, yea you cook on high pressure for 20 min, but it takes 20 min to get to pressure when its full. You still save time, it just isnt as much as I originally thought. Also you will probably want to take your meat/veg out of the instant pot, and crank that thing back on sautee to thicken up a sauce which can take another 10-15 min.

Back
Top Bottom