• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Prepping

This may have been said, I'm not sure. But maybe take a medical class and learn to use certain medical supplies. Stocking up is good, but only goes so far if you don't know how to put it to use.

I personally wouldn't put too much equity into advanced medical supplies (think surgical type stuff). Basic first aid like stitching and controlling bleeding and learn to control and treat infections. I feel it's a bit pointless to stock up on stuff for surgical procedures. Without proper training, like ya know...med school :p it's not very helpful and may just make someone worse off in a bad situation.

I quoted JeepGirl, was that a Freudian slip on your part?
Hey, it's 2016, I won't judge you if you don't judge me.

Probably, no worries lol...just as long as you let me use your bathroom bahahaha.....what do you mean when you say Israeli Bandage? Is that like combat bandage with a clotting agent?

Probably, no worries lol...just as long as you let me use your bathroom bahahaha.....what do you mean when you say Israeli Bandage? Is that like combat bandage with a clotting agent?
The ones I have (and need to check the dates on) don't have the clotting agent, they are more of a compression bandage, 6 inches wide and maybe 5 feet long so it can be used as an expedient tourniquet.
I also keep some kerlix and a couple of the olaes bandages (the ones with the built-in pressure cup).
I don't have any advanced training, so like someone else posted I keep it simple and at my level.
Couldn't get the link to post but ITS Tactical has a good write up on the Israeli Bandage.

Back
Top Bottom