• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Post up your reviews - Favorite BBQ restaurant?

What type of BBQ is best?

• Chicken

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Pulled/chopped pork

Votes: 58 41.1%
  • Pork ribs

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Beef ribs

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • BBQ beef

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • BBQ Tacos

• I’m a vegan save the animals

• BBQ brisket

Votes: 51 36.2%

• Total voters
To start the day I ran a 5k to put down a deposit on all the BBQ i plan on eating this week. Gotta try and stay healthy(ish)

So many places are closed on on Sunday and I needed to stay relatively close to home. So today I drove up to Moonie’s Texas BBQ in Flowery Branch. Pulled pork sandwich, stew, and jalapeño Mac & cheese. I so wanted the brisket, because ‘Texas BBQ’ but got the pulled pork sandwich for consistency.

Liked: The young man behind the counter was very nice. He even rang up my order in a manner that saved me a buck. I hate getting nickel and dimed to death. In and out in 5 minutes. They don’t sauce the sandwich beforehand, which keeps it from getting soggy on the way home. Everything was packed nicely and stayed warm on the 35 minute trip home. The sandwich looked like a mix of chopped brisket/pork butt. Nice mix of inside/outside meat, though no crunchy bark. The meat is plenty flavorful without sauce. The jalapeño Mac & Cheese was very good, jalapeño flavor but not spice. The buns are cooked on a griddle for a quick sear, which gives them some more structure. And Craft Beer for only $3.

Didn’t like: Plain old hamburger buns. The portion is a bit small, but I’m not still hungry. The sauce is....different. I got the mild sauce. It’s sweet and acidic, with nice chunks of black pepper. It’s almost like a cola or soda base. Just not my thing. The stew whole kernel corn and pulled pork, a little spice. Heavy on the chili powder and cumin. Almost like a chunky style corn and pork Chili. Not my favorite.

All in all it’s not bad. I definitely want to try it again for the brisket and more $3 beer.
CD70C773-4B90-4873-ADCB-3CB5DC98E12D.jpeg
A02BA6EE-65B9-442C-97BC-CFE0955F70C7.jpeg
06A2BAD5-6720-4661-B9CD-2DACA2E3C7DD.jpeg
7B87F3BF-3BED-426A-89AF-71D38BD90791.jpeg

To start the day I ran a 5k to put down a deposit on all the BBQ i plan on eating this week. Gotta try and stay healthy(ish)

So many places are closed on on Sunday and I needed to stay relatively close to home. So today I drive up to Moonie’s Texas BBQ in Flowery Branch. Pulled pork sandwich, stew, and jalapeño Mac & cheese. I so wanted the brisket, because ‘Texas BBQ’ but got the pulled pork sandwich for consistency.

Liked: The young man behind the counter was very nice. He even rang up my order in a manner that saved me a buck. I hate getting nickel and dimed to death. In and out in 5 minutes. They don’t sauce the sandwich beforehand, which keeps it from getting soggy on the way home. Everything was packed nicely and stayed warm on the 35 minute trip home. The sandwich looked like a mix of chopped brisket/pork butt. Nice mix of inside/outside meat, though no crunchy bark. The meat is plenty flavorful without sauce. The jalapeño Mac & Cheese was very good, jalapeño flavor but not spice. The buns are cooked on a griddle for a quick sear, which gives them some more structure. And Craft Beer for only $3.

Didn’t like: Plain old hamburger buns. The portion is a bit small, but I’m not still hungry. The sauce is....different. I got the mild sauce. It’s sweet and acidic, with nice chunks of black pepper. It’s almost like a cola or soda base. Just not my thing. The stew whole kernel corn and pulled pork, a little spice. Heavy on the chili powder and cumin. Almost like a chunky style corn and pork Chili. Not my favorite.

All in all it’s not bad. I definitely want to try it again for the brisket and more $3 beer.
Hey thanks for a good review!

Back
Top Bottom