• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Post up your reviews - Favorite BBQ restaurant?

What type of BBQ is best?

• Chicken

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Pulled/chopped pork

Votes: 58 41.1%
  • Pork ribs

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Beef ribs

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • BBQ beef

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • BBQ Tacos

• I’m a vegan save the animals

• BBQ brisket

Votes: 51 36.2%

• Total voters
I'm not sure if I don't like their biscuits in the morning better than the BBQ.
Go early for the biscuits and then hang around for bbq at lunch might be the best way to work it!

I'm with Cadcom Cadcom , I prefer the biscuits at Amos over their Q. I also concur with GAK9 GAK9 on Biguns in Talking Rock. Never had a bad meal there. Never tried Jims, but it's now on my radar.

Make a day of it....Amos for breakfast, followed by a stop at the range at @APPALACHIAN GUN & PAWN, and then lunch at Biguns.

All the makings for a fine day.

Mine!

IMG_20200310_191309.jpg

Amazing to me how many BBQ joints there are in Memphis. I never got to Rendezvous, but did find a lot of good que there. I don’t go there monthly any more, but if get back, I’ll have to try it.

check out the Germantown Commisary. Beats that chargrilled stuff at Rendezvous by a mile.

check out the Germantown Commisary. Beats that chargrilled stuff at Rendezvous by a mile.

Tried G.C. and didn’t like it. I honestly think they microwaved the meat to reheat it, then left it in too long. One of the downsides of going to a restaurant between lunch and dinner hours. Even the banana pudding was bad. It had a grainy taste, like they didn’t mix it long enough.

After reading all of these recommendations and comments about this or that place and how good they are, I realize good BBQ is subjective to your own taste.

A lot of these places I have eaten at and didn't care for, while others think its the end all beat all.

Tried G.C. and didn’t like it. I honestly think they microwaved the meat to reheat it, then left it in too long. One of the downsides of going to a restaurant between lunch and dinner hours. Even the banana pudding was bad. It had a grainy taste, like they didn’t mix it long enough.

That sucks. I’ve been twice but both times at noon or so. It was outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom