• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Post up your reviews - Favorite BBQ restaurant?

What type of BBQ is best?

• Chicken

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Pulled/chopped pork

Votes: 58 41.1%
  • Pork ribs

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Beef ribs

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • BBQ beef

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • BBQ Tacos

• I’m a vegan save the animals

• BBQ brisket

Votes: 51 36.2%

• Total voters
First stop today: Smokin’ Po Boys, Winder GA

Good: the buns are quality bread, not just packaged white hamburger buns. Held up well on the drive home. The sauce is smoky and just thick enough, with big grind black pepper, even the mild has just a touch of spice. The pork sandwich had a great mix of inside/outside meat. The outside meat is nice and crunchy. There was a nice healthy portion of meat on the sandwich. And they’re open 7 days a week!

The bad: the Brunswick stew was meh. Not very flavorful. Lots of canned diced tomatoes, corn, and big chunks of chicken, which seemed a bit mealy after cooking so long. I just like the meat in stew shredded a bit more.
8A3AB1CC-31E4-4FB4-8F3C-1060943DFC0D.jpeg
45AD6C09-1B0D-499A-B32A-5E94F8159EBD.jpeg
CA443C45-E8BA-4ACF-A604-FEAE049A8E6F.jpeg
867842E9-E176-4049-95BB-8A9009AD5D86.jpeg
965D18BE-EB27-478C-B803-AC181DCC8B2A.jpeg

First stop today: Smokin’ Po Boys, Winder GA

Good: the buns are quality bread, not just packaged white hamburger buns. The sauce is smoky and just thick enough, with big grind black pepper, even the mild has just a touch of spice. The pork sandwich had a great mix of inside/outside meat. The outside meat is nice and crunchy. There was a nice healthy portion of meat on the sandwich. And they’re open 7 days a week!

The bad: the Brunswick stew was meh. Not very flavorful. Lots of canned diced tomatoes, corn, and big chunks of chicken, which seemed a bit mealy after cooking so long. I just like the meat in stew shredded a bit more.
View attachment 3053113 View attachment 3053114 View attachment 3053115 View attachment 3053116 View attachment 3053117

Good review and pictures!

Nice. Know the name?

One of my favorite BBQ restaurants of all time was on Irby St in Buckhead (Atlanta). One Star Ranch. It was a dive in the middle of luxury condo towers. One Star and proud of it. The beef rib was the best I’ve ever had.

I forgot about that place. It being closed is what’s wrong with Atlanta now! It was a good spot.

Character's in Adairsville is probably the best all around BBQ i have ever had. I travel with my job and have eaten all over Texas, Kansas City, Memphis, etc. and hands down Michael's BBQ is the best.

Everything on the menu is great, pulled pork, ribs, sausage and his brisket is some of the best I have ever had. Did I mention I have traveled all over Texas eating BBQ?

BUT.....MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR THE SAUCE ON THE SIDE! I don't know why, but he drowns the meat in it.

He was on a couple seasons of BBQ Pitmasters.

I had forgotten about him also. Haven’t been there since he moved a few years back. Good stuff and he does ladle the sauce on thick!

Back
Top Bottom