• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pine Log WMA IS Closed

I've spent a lot of time hunting and fishing that property. Sure is a sad day to see it gone. I understand where the family is coming from. I can't say if it was my land I would give the state any sort of discount but at the same time it suck's for those of us that have used the land for years. The state of GA needs to step up and buy some land to public or at very least do as they do out west and lease more land from private land owners to allow for opportunity for the tax payers who enjoy the outdoors.

I've spent a lot of time hunting and fishing that property. Sure is a sad day to see it gone. I understand where the family is coming from. I can't say if it was my land I would give the state any sort of discount but at the same time it suck's for those of us that have used the land for years. The state of GA needs to step up and buy some land to public or at very least do as they do out west and lease more land from private land owners to allow for opportunity for the tax payers who enjoy the outdoors.
I could understand where the family was coming from too if it was a normal lease to the state, but it wasn’t a normal lease. The family still planted those fields on east valley and the family was the one that cut all the trees over there. All while the state paid the taxes and kept up the roads. It is just a bunch of bull **** is what it is.

I could understand where the family was coming from too if it was a normal lease to the state, but it wasn’t a normal lease. The family still planted those fields on east valley and the family was the one that cut all the trees over there. All while the state paid the taxes and kept up the roads. It is just a bunch of bull **** is what it is.

Signed up yesterday for the Quota Dove hunt at Pine Log...Guess my odds just went to zero on that drawing :tsk:

Signed up yesterday for the Quota Dove hunt at Pine Log...Guess my odds just went to zero on that drawing :tsk:
Yeah just freaking sucks.
I read an article about the proposed development of that land. I think it is 19,000 acres with a lot of different types of live/work/play plans. That is drastically going to change that area.
Yeah it is all bull **** as well

Back
Top Bottom