• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PC cast boolits

I use Lee Liquid Alox for my pistol plinking ammo, and LARS Carnauba Red for my 30 cal projectiles. Not since my very early days of casting, have my bullets fouled my barrels. Proper alloy, diameter, and correct lube for the desired velocity.

I get that PC boolits look kinda nice, but seems like an lot of extra processing.

I use Lee Liquid Alox for my pistol plinking ammo, and LARS Carnauba Red for my 30 cal projectiles. Not since my very early days of casting, have my bullets fouled my barrels. Proper alloy, diameter, and correct lube for the desired velocity.

I get that PC boolits look kinda nice, but seems like an lot of extra processing.
I started out using alox and then picked up a star lubrisizer. I used these for along time. The reason I started looking at pc is because of my glocks. Didnt do anything about it and kept lubing my boolits. Then one day I got tired of grabbing hand fulls of alox lubes boolits and getting the sticky on my hands not to mention the smoke when its shot so I gave pc a try. I'm not looking back. Everything I cast is pc'd. And a plus is it looks nice and coats the lead so no oxidization.

I started out using alox and then picked up a star lubrisizer. I used these for along time. The reason I started looking at pc is because of my glocks. Didnt do anything about it and kept lubing my boolits. Then one day I got tired of grabbing hand fulls of alox lubes boolits and getting the sticky on my hands not to mention the smoke when its shot so I gave pc a try. I'm not looking back. Everything I cast is pc'd. And a plus is it looks nice and coats the lead so no oxidization.

That explains some of it, relative to my needs. I don't shoot anything with polygonal rifling, and shoot outside, so smoke is a non-issue for me. As for the stickiness: As I move the loaded rounds from the catch bin to an ammo box, I give a quick twist-wipe with a rag on the bullet. Leaves it free of LLA, and handling the ammo later is not an issue.

Back
Top Bottom