• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PC cast boolits

I ordered the clear PC from Smoke. Looks like standard lead boolits to the untrained eye. Bought a new toaster oven for the house and retired the old one for baking my boolits in the shop.

Even though I heard the HF red was a good choice, it never covered very well for me.

I bought the black air soft BBs that I put in the coolwhip bowl with the clear PC then shake well. Use plastic gloves to take the boolits out of the bowl and stand up on my toaster oven tray. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Come out great. Solved all leading issues I had been fighting with. The PC adds a bit of diameter so you can size them down where you want them even if they were a bit small from the mold.

Rosewood

I tried a new way without the air soft put them in the oven for 4mins at 140 and then put them in a container and shake them for about 5 seconds then put them in the oven at 400 for 15 minutes works out pretty good.

All the info you could want right here for those looking..
Powder coating lead bullets – dry tumble (DT) method

How much is Smoke's Powder and how long does it take to get over here?
I found this Sherwin Williams Gloss Black on FleaBay to be Great and Cheap. Buy 2#'s for $26.64, it'll last a long time.. Because Black Bullets Matter! 1,600 Lee 356-125 2R
BBM.jpg
LEE356125.jpg

All the info you could want right here for those looking..
Powder coating lead bullets – dry tumble (DT) method

How much is Smoke's Powder and how long does it take to get over here?
I found this Sherwin Williams Gloss Black on FleaBay to be Great and Cheap. Buy 2#'s for $26.64, it'll last a long time.. Because Black Bullets Matter! 1,600 Lee 356-125 2R
View attachment 2820118 View attachment 2820119
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?252509-VS-Hi-Quality-Powdercoating-Powder-For-sale
This is his thread on cast boolits.
Lots and lots info on casting and coating here. When I ordered it to 3 days I think.
On the cast boolits site there is a whole section on alternative coatings.

Those look great! I ordered mine in 1/3 pounds of different colors for one pound was about 22.50 the more you order the less it is and it took about two or three days to get here.

Back
Top Bottom