• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pay for the transfer, BOS do nothing

Just my opinion but in my trades here if I’ve asked for a Bos and get attitude there’s a reason. Guys who refuse to do one may have a fundamental problem with it or may just not be able to purchase a gun. There is a certain level here especially now of people who are buying who can’t legally own. If I ask for a dl, carry, and bos and my price is less than retail most guys wouldn’t have an issue and several times I’ve said don’t worry about it. The guys who freak out at the mention of it I’d rather not do business with anyway
I seriously doubt anyone ever "freaks out" about a bos, I suspect most if not all just move on to look at other firearms. I would counter that the guys who DEMAND a bos are the ones that are easily freaked out otherwise they wouldn't need one to make themselves feel better when in reality a bos does nothing to benefit or protect them.
If want to know to know if a guys hiding something ask to see his weapons permit. If they don't have a weapons permit or aren't an active member of the military or LE then I'd question it

I seriously doubt anyone ever "freaks out" about a bos, I suspect most if not all just move on to look at other firearms. I would counter that the guys who DEMAND a bos are the ones that are easily freaked out otherwise they wouldn't need one to make themselves feel better when in reality a bos does nothing to benefit or protect them.
If want to know to know if a guys hiding something ask to see his weapons permit
If there is any doubt anyone can go look at the recommended transaction guidelines here. IIRC, they say do business in PMs so they can be tracked, and to BoS it....If I'm wrong about that, then I'll own my bad.

Personally I don't care your gun your rules. I won't give my personal information to anyone, but if you want a look at my DL or carry permit no problem. If I'm selling and the buyer wants a bill of sale we're going to the LGS of my choice and filling out the paperwork on his dime.

Personally I don't care your gun your rules. I won't give my personal information to anyone, but if you want a look at my DL or carry permit no problem. If I'm selling and the buyer wants a bill of sale we're going to the LGS of my choice and filling out the paperwork on his dime.
Most times, the fact that someone is will to start the negotiation with a BOS caveat tells me they're not a cantankerous purist and I only need to know their name and see an ID or WCL to continue and make the sale/trade....it's all about the vibes, and this purist nonsense isn't something I'm gonna fool with.

If want to know to know if a guys hiding something ask to see his weapons permit. If they don't have a weapons permit or aren't an active member of the military or LE then I'd question it
i never freak out about a bill of sale, i simply keep on moving knowing i would never deal with a wannabe ffl unless they want to meet at an ffl and pay said ffl to do the transfer...

Most times, the fact that someone is will to start the negotiation with a BOS caveat tells me they're not a cantankerous purist and I only need to know their name and see an ID or WCL to continue and make the sale/trade....it's all about the vibes, and this purist nonsense isn't something I'm gonna fool with.
you are correct, it's all about vibes...btw, when i go to a real ffl i have never been so much as delayed, it's always immediate.

i never freak out about a bill of sale, i simply keep on moving knowing i would never deal with a wannabe ffl unless they want to meet at an ffl and pay said ffl to do the transfer...
THAT 'wannabe ffl' thing is the kind of ridicule I talked about earlier.....keep your sale, gun, trade - whatever. I don't need it...

THAT 'wannabe ffl' thing is the kind of ridicule I talked about earlier.....keep your sale, gun, trade - whatever. I don't need it...
but it's perfectly ok for you to ridicule those with whom you disagree? I agree...but there are staidly rigid purists who just have to spout off and then mouth off at anyone that wants a BOS with THEIR reasoning. Don't matter...I've already made note of them that I'll never sell or trade with them

Another whine and dine post!!!! I don't mind showing my ccl, or dl. But I do have an aversion to them recording the info. Wanna come steal it back? Let me know what your expect in advance. Not at pickup site, I will decide if I want to do a sale/trade with you

Back
Top Bottom