• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pay for the transfer, BOS do nothing

The only thing required to transfer title on a car is the signoff on the back of the title itself is my experience. Regardless, it wasn't just the car thing. I was really speaking about anything of value that is bought/sold.... It's not a problem for me if someone won't do a BOS on a gun they want to buy, because it won't be one they get from me if I ask for one.

That is a bill of sale. Just handing over the car for cash is not a bill of sale.

The only thing required to transfer title on a car is the signoff on the back of the title itself is my experience. Regardless, it wasn't just the car thing. I was really speaking about anything of value that is bought/sold.... It's not a problem for me if someone won't do a BOS on a gun they want to buy, because it won't be one they get from me if I ask for one.
If you will bring the state issued title to your firearm to the meet I will be more than happy to sign it...

Lotta fear in them boys

I like the ones that want a BOS and want to meet at a police station too.
I always wonder what they would do if I acted like a big p***y too and asked for a copy of their DL, Finger print card and take their picture holding the gun.
After all, If that gun has committed a crime and is wanted, It wasnt me!
Meeting at the police station is to scare off felons. Most the police will do is stare.

It’s everyone’s personal choice as to how they do business. No harm, no foul.
I’ve always just figured that established members on here with multiple trades over years are GTG.
I agree, and if I want it bad enough I’ll do a name and city bill of sale. But not any numbers or dates to my identity.

It’s everyone’s personal choice as to how they do business. No harm, no foul.
I’ve always just figured that established members on here with multiple trades over years are GTG.

Exactly. If someone puts in their ad that they want a BOS, it's just another condition I take into account. No different than 'meet near me' or 'trades must be in my favor'.

I don't know why anyone is getting butthurt about folks that ask for one. As long as they don't spring it on you last-minute it's not a huge problem to deal with, and if they tried that I would consider it a no-show and probably neg them since they tried to change the agreement at the last second.

Question: If you were buying a used car from a private individual, would you want a bill of sale?

Actually, if you intend to drive the car on public roads you have to have a BoS don't you? There's no way I know of to get a registration w/o one. And of course you have to pay tax on the car, although the price on the BoS isn't really used for that any more.

Lotta fear in them boys

I like the ones that want a BOS and want to meet at a police station too.
I always wonder what they would do if I acted like a big p***y too and asked for a copy of their DL, Finger print card and take their picture holding the gun.
After all, If that gun has committed a crime and is wanted, It wasnt me!

I used to use AL and meeting at the police station was a requirement it cut down the sketchy types.

Exactly. If someone puts in their ad that they want a BOS, it's just another condition I take into account. No different than 'meet near me' or 'trades must be in my favor'.

I don't know why anyone is getting butthurt about folks that ask for one. As long as they don't spring it on you last-minute it's not a huge problem to deal with, and if they tried that I would consider it a no-show and probably neg them since they tried to change the agreement at the last second.
I agree...but there are staidly rigid purists who just have to spout off and then mouth off at anyone that wants a BOS with THEIR reasoning. Don't matter...I've already made note of them that I'll never sell or trade with them.

Back
Top Bottom