• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pay Close Attention to Where you Sit when you are carrying...

Just another great example of a reason not to open carry. It's no different than wearing a uniform. You are immediately put at the top of the kill list when the **** goes down. You take away any reactionary curve you may get when your the first target in an ambush situation. Stay concealed, stay alert, always anticipate worst case scenario and ALWAYS sit facing where you can see anyone coming in. Your life and the life of your family may just depend on it.

Just another reason to always carry and always maintain high situational awareness. Regardless of how you carry please don't forget rule #1 of a gunfight

Some call it paranoia and others call it situational awareness and you won't know who's right until the bullets start flying!

BTW the real problem with this shooting is that Gov Huckabee of Arkansas (the same presidential candidate RINO bleeding heart reduced this guy's sentence and he was released early. He should still be in prison with 13 felony convictions!!! Thank you Huckabee and I am sure the families of the officers also thank you.

Prior to his involvement in the shooting, Clemmons had at least five felony convictions in Arkansas and at least eight felony charges in Washington.[2] His first incarceration began in 1989, at age 17. Facing sentences totaling 108 years in prison, the burglary sentences were reduced in 2000 by Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee to 47 years, which made him immediately eligible for parole. The Arkansas Parole Board unanimously moved to release him in 2000.

This is why I despise going into gas stations. The counters are almost always positioned where the customers have their back to the door, and if there's a line I HATE having people standing behind me (I carry in the 4:00 position IWB)

I don't know about anyone else if I'm dining (grabbing someyhing to eat on the town) with my family I go in and visually clear the building just to check to see in the main dining room we're all the exits are ... then I go back out to the truck to grab my family bring them in.

I'm also the one that's like the table . usually like something near Nexus watching the main behind everybody so I can see what everybody's doing and who's coming in and who's coming out .....

call me weird but thats how I feel safe ...and for some reason if I don't feel safer if I don't feel like something is right, I don't bring them in and we go somewhere else.

You have to be situationally aware of your surroundings . keep vigilant ...

:thumbup:

My ol lady automatically takes the seat with the back to the door because of my refusal to. She will even explain to her friends if they are with us why i have to sit in a specific place.

Some call it paranoia and others call it situational awareness and you won't know who's right until the bullets start flying!

BTW the real problem with this shooting is that Gov Huckabee of Arkansas (the same presidential candidate RINO bleeding heart reduced this guy's sentence and he was released early. He should still be in prison with 13 felony convictions!!! Thank you Huckabee and I am sure the families of the officers also thank you.

Prior to his involvement in the shooting, Clemmons had at least five felony convictions in Arkansas and at least eight felony charges in Washington.[2] His first incarceration began in 1989, at age 17. Facing sentences totaling 108 years in prison, the burglary sentences were reduced in 2000 by Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee to 47 years, which made him immediately eligible for parole. The Arkansas Parole Board unanimously moved to release him in 2000.

I saw that too. There's blood on the hands of Huckabee just as much as the perpetrator IMO. When someone demonstrates an inability to function as a productive member of society you shouldn't release them from prison. Scum like the perp are released from prison all too often.

I saw that too. There's blood on the hands of Huckabee just as much as the perpetrator IMO. When someone demonstrates an inability to function as a productive member of society you shouldn't release them from prison. Scum like the perp are released from prison all too often.

While this is very true, the prison system threatens to bankrupt many states. Of course, if we would quit incarcerating drug users.....

Sorry - not trying to derail. Just wanted to point out that "lock 'em all up for life" is not really a viable option with all the behavior that is currently criminalized.

We should debate that in another thread though.

I always sit with my back to a wall facing the door. I prefer to be close to a door be it the kitchen or the entrance. Also if there is uniformed law enforcement I try to distance myself and family from them. I figure if someone were to come it the will be attracting the most fire.

Back
Top Bottom